“2 night romantic fling” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Sandton
Johannesburg, South Africa
“2 night romantic fling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

The service and style that I have come to expect from the Intercontinental hotel brand the world over did not fail to impress. I was utilising my Ambassador membership stay for two nights and pay for one perk. I was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a corner room with more space at check in. The service and attention to detail by the eager and professional staff made our stay a joyous one. The Sally Williams Nougat, free refreshments and fruit platter added to the occassion. The only gripe was that we had to call housekeeping several times to turn down our room the one evening.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are really spacious.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JosiahSandton, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Rather late response than never. Kindly accept my sincere apology for the late response

Thank you for your most valued feedback. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that the staff were most helpful and nothing was difficult or impossible to be done. I have also addressed the turn down servive issue with the respective department head

On behalf of the management and staff, I wish you a heatlhy and prosperous 2012
Looking forward to seeing you again at our hotel in the near future

Josiah Montsho

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

From check in everything was excellent, a true five star treatment. I was traveling with my two daughters over the festive season. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help. We had a problem with the DVD player in our room and they fixed it in no time. The staff is always willing to help. The food was excellent, I am a vegetarian and was a bit worried that the menu won't be too accommodative. But every time we ordered room service the chef was always willing to make anything I desired, even if it is not on the menu, that was a plus for me. And it is a good value for money. I would stay at this hotel anytime and would highly recommend it. The location is excellent especially if you like to shop, because the Sandton mall is just a walking distance.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Please kindly accpet my sincere apologies for the late response. I have been away and only came back to the office today.

Thank you for your valued feedback. I am very pleased to hear that your stay was excellent. It really through our guests feedback that we can be made aware of our service shortfalls and to improve on our service delivery.

On behalf of the management and staff, I wish you a healthy and prosperous 2012

Looking forward to seeing you our hotel in the near future

Kind regards,

Paphos District, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

Excellent location. Ideal for exploring the restaurants in Mandella square. Rooms are good and service excellent

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincere apoly for the late response.

I would like to thank you for taking your most valued time and giving us feedback on your stay at the hotel. I am pleased to hear that your stay was most enjoyable and unforgetable one. I really value your feedback as it makes us to be aware of our service shortfalls and to improve on service delivery

On behalf of the management and staff, I wish you and your loved ones a heathly and prosperous 2012

Kind regards,

Los Gatos, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

We stayed Christmas night. The staff could not have been friendlier. The hotel was beautiful as were the room. They accomodated us with a late check out the next day to help with the time gap flying back to the states.They use an independent car service for airport pickup. That was very expensive and man was late by 15 minutes. Breakfast was more expensive than room serice dining-that was a surprise. We had steaks for dinner in room service and they were so tough you could hardly cut them. We didn't complain as the hour was late. The stay itself was quite satisfactory.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

All I expected and more!!

Here are the things I like the most:

-Bath calls your name... it even has a candle for a better ambiance
- quick room service
- Perfectly located to go shopping in ur spare time
-Nice lobby
- Great room, and confortable bed!!
- Is one of those hotels you remember and want to go back to

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple