Lowest prices for your stay
USD 92
TravelocityUSD 93
eDreamsUSD 92
PricelineUSD 92
1,616 results
All reviews nelson mandela square train station sandton city business hotel junior suite tambo airport nespresso machine business trip room service pool deck shuttle service late check south africa shopping centre enjoyed my stay gautrain diagonally
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

Conveniently located near Sandton City and the Gautrain station.

Comfortable rooms, good room service menu. There's a sun deck from where you can view the nearby streets.

Breakfast was the only part not very good. I stayed there for five nights and had the same menu which was rather limited as well. But the quality of food was good.

Will stay again.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Radisson Blu Ga... H, Manager at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2016

Dear Nagadarsan S,

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay!

We are disappointed that you didn't enjoy the breakfast and found that it was limited. This will be brought up with our chef to ensure we continually improve on our customer experience.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 June 2016

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Reviewed 5 June 2016

I stayed here three nights for solo leisure travel in March 2016 and was very pleased with my stay. This hotel is located diagonally across a major intersection from the Sandton Gautrain Station. The roads there are cobbled, so pushing a cart or pulling luggage across the two streets is complicated by this. However, this did not deter the hotel bell staff upon my departure. I was very pleasantly surprised when the bellman of this hotel offered to push my hotel cart containing all of my luggage clear across both streets to help me get into the Sandton Train station, when I was leaving for the airport. I was astounded. He stayed with me until I reached the entrance gates inside the train station. Obviously, I tipped him well for this service. Because there is construction going on in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, and on that particular day this caused lane closures on the street and sidewalk immediately outside of the hotel, I do not know how I would have made it without him!

As for other aspects of my stay, I was pleased and impressed with the efficiency and friendliness of my check-in experience. The lobby area is upstairs and is nicely appointed. The restaurant is on the same level. Each breakfast buffet meal I had in the restaurant was delicious and filled me up. I felt there was plenty of variety in the buffet. I also ate in the restaurant on my arrival evening for a late dinner. The quality of the food was good, and I had a nice meal there.

My guest room was of good size, and I had everything I needed. The bed was comfortable, and the furnishings were modern, clean and functional. Everything worked. There was plenty of hot water and water pressure for my showers in the bathroom, which was clean and of sufficient size. The wi-fi in the room worked well. I had read from earlier reviews that there is a building being constructed right across the street from the hotel, so I brought ear plugs in case I needed them. But I did not. The construction activity halted each evening when I was there, so I had no problem with noise while sleeping.

This Sandton area is a safe place for travelers, in my opinion. I walked around alone at night and had no problems at all. The Nelson Mandela Square mall is very close by, just beyond the train station. It contains a number of good restaurants, at least one hotel, and a number of shops and retail. I was over there several times. It was a good place to have dinner outside the hotel. The building where this hotel is located also has a small number of shops, and the elevator for the hotel can make a stop on an intermediate floor between the lobby level and the bell station/taxi level. Inside that small mall area, you can find one or more ATM machines for cash withdrawals. Again, I found this to be a safe alternative.

While staying here, you can use the nearby train station and take the Gautrain to anywhere it goes in the Johannesburg area, up to Pretoria, and of course to the O.R. Tambo Int'l. Airport. I had some pre-arranged tour drivers pick me up here for various tours, and all were easily able to find me at this hotel. Uber is a good service in greater Johannesburg, and Uber drivers found me here as well.

I for one was very satisfied with my overall stay here at the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, and if I return to this area, I would likely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank stano494

Dear route66stan,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radsisson Blu Gautrain Hotel on your next visit

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 June 2016

I booked a custom package to visit South Africa - had never been before. I was given a Gautrain ticket and supposed to be met at the station. Nobody was there, so I had to cross the cobbled street with traffic and 2 cases to the hotel. They had been notified about my arrival time.
When I finally get there, they now tell me I can't check in for another 5 hours! So I have to hang about in their lobby after a very long trip and lose a half day of my stay. I tried to book a city tour for the next day - even that was too much trouble for the concierge. I eventually booked one when I went to the nearby shopping centre.
When I finally got into the room, the rooms were pretty drab, and the bathroom essentials had obviously been refilled - the shampoo was half empty. Whatever happened to fresh supplies? Luckily I carried my own. Customer service was very surly - not a nice introduction to South Africa. Luckily I did come across much better hotels and staff on my trip. Save yourself the hassle - choose another hotel.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank tdmac
CarlsonRezidor, Customer Care at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We apologize you were disappointed with the condition of the room you received, as well as with the service when you arrived, when checking in, and when trying to book a tour. We appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention and have shared your feedback with hotel management to improve our guest experience.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Radisson Blu Ga... H, Manager at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016