All reviews nelson mandela square shopping mall glass door large mall excellent hotel direct access shower and toilet modern hotel nespresso machine late checkout star hotel the air conditioning south africa turn down service mini bar business trip rooms are spacious
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I've spent over 200 nights st th da Vinci over th past 3 years and can't recommend it highly enough. Staff are warm and accommodating. Location is excellent - you are over a mall with access to dozens of restaurants and the best retail in South Africa. Next door to the Gautrain, which gets you into the airport in 14 min. Very safe.

Room Tip: Choose an odd numbered room between 17 and 31 on any floor.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
RuiAntunes, Deputy General MAnager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Nikhil D,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate all feedback from our loyal return guests.

I am very glad to see that you enjoy your stay so much each and every time and find our location to be most convenient. Your wonderful comments regarding the team will be distributed to all.

We look forward to welcoming you back home with smiles in the near future.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

This hotel is in a great location at Sandton. Easy walk to cafes, shopping and access to motorway.
The staff were so thoughtful and helpful, nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms are very comfortable and the bathroom is great.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear netta105,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate all feedback from our valued guests.

I am very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay so much and found our location to be most convenient. Your wonderful comments regarding the team will be distributed to all.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI in the near future.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at the Da Vinci a number of times, the most recent being an overnight business trip in June 2017. In general the hotel is of a high standard, but I have 2 major issues. The first, maybe less important, is the aircon and the seeming inability to switch it off completely. On 2 stays I had to get maintenance to have a look, but try what may, an airflow maintained all night. The second and more important issue is the illogical placement of the electrical wall plugs. The only 2 in my room were across from the bed on the other side of the room and on the far side, at the end of the desk next to the bed, up against the window. Bottom line I had no wires ling enough to charge my phone next to me. I have mentioned this poor placement at least on 2 occasions to the front desk, but I guess there is not much they can do. Its the small details that make the difference...

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear aubergine_man,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate all feedback from our valued guests as it assists us in correcting any possible service shortcomings.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay. In order to assist with the placement of the plug points in your room, we will gladly put an extension in your room for future stays. Please advise Guest Relations when you arrive and this will be organized.

The air conditioners in the rooms can be switched off at the control panel in the room, however you will still here a fan running as all our rooms have a ventilation system that always allows fresh air from the corridors into the rooms. Should you wish to have this fan also switched off, please let Guest Relations know and we can switch it off at the main power supply to the building.

Once again please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences and we look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI in the near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Nice Hotel
Nice-ish decor - though they try too hard particularly in the main reception area - a blend of ALL-SORTS...the designer clearly couldn't choose just 3/4 materials, so decided to go with everything. Having said that, the basic bed, room, shower etc all fine.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear FionaLebibowitz

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate all feedback from our valued guests.

We completely understand that black and white decor does not appeal to everyone and I would like to apologize if this negatively impacted your stay with us. Your wonderful comments regarding the rest of your stays is appreciated and will be shared with all.

We look forward to welcoming you back with smiles in the near future.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

At the end of our Classic South Africa tour with Lion World Travel, we stayed 2 additional nights at this hotel in Johannesburg. What a great place and location! It felt like the lap of luxury despite it being so affordable. The lobby at ground level and the lobby/check-in area were beautifully appointed, as was the room itself. I had asked why we were not assigned to a hotel in the downtown area and was told it was not safe; I now understand the reasons for booking us up in the Sandton area, which happens to be the economic center of the country.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear JanT60,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate all reviews from our guests and your wonderful comments regarding our hotel will definitely be shared with all the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI in the near future.