“Great business hotel”

Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We hosted a Hollard Procurement conference at this hotel in March and the service was amazing. Staff are friendly and very willing to accommodate, rooms are great and the dining is pretty good to. Excellent Conference facilities, Great location - Close to the Gautrain and Sandton City.

2  Thank Zeenat66
Hotel_Management2010, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Hi Zeenat66,

Being successful in business requires a good host while being away from home. We are extremely excited to hear we have been able to successfully fulfil this role and deliver on the Holiday Inn brand promise by creating “Great Hotels Guest Love”.. Your comments on the service received are much appreciated and will be shared with all of our team members.

Greetings to the Hollard team and we look forward to seeing you all back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Garnet Basson – General Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed there recently when I attended an exhibition in Johannesburg.

Nice business hotel, Rooms are comfortably big enough for my colleague & myself.

Hotel had the normal 3 pin & 2 pin wall plugs at the study table which I felt was really good so I did not need an adaptor. In-room electronic safe was also provided. Good variety of tv programmes so I could watch TV in my limited free time.

They also had a comfortable lobby which we could sit down and discuss work with our laptops or at the lazy corner where they had ample seating.

Service at the conceirge was very friendly & helpful. They were always ready to answer your questions or get you a taxi.

The hotel also had someone who was standing by the lobby lift (presumably to deter unwanted "guests"). We all know that it could be a little unsafe in South Africa at times, but generally, Sandton is safe.

Did not use the Skye Bar nor the business centre so I cannot comment.

However, i felt that wifi could be provided free in the rooms (being a business hotel) since the rates are quite steep actually.

Breakfast was sumptous but a bit pricy (again).

Had an incident when i was in the shower late at night (about 1am) when the water supply stopped suddenly. I was stranded in the shower for about 15 minutes with soap all over my body. Fortunately the water supply came back on and i quickly finished my bath.

Barring that incident, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Hotel_Management2010, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Hi there "Archenemy",

We are extremely excited to hear we were able to deliver on the Holiday Inn brand promise and create "great hotels guests love".. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the sudden loss of water pressure. I can assure you the issue has been addressed accordingly.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Hlumisa Saffa - Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 23 March 2012

we used this hotel as a base for exploring sandton and the surrounding area. The rooms were good, comfy beds and well appointed. The Skye bar was great with amazing views, attentive staff and good drinks menu. We got an excellent room rate however breakfast in the hotel was pricey which is often the case in big hotels. Its in walking distance to Nelson Mandela square which has lots of restraurants and bars, the staff at the hotel were happy to recommend things to do in the area and where to eat etc.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Hotel_Management2010, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Hi Joanne,

Wonderful comments! Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Especially your remarks around the friendly service experienced are much appreciated and I will gladly share these with the rest of the “INN” team.

Hope to see you back soon upon your next trip to beautiful Mzansi..

Warm regards,

Hlumisa Saffa – Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 23 March 2012

A good choice- well located with village walk close by as well as sandton city. Very modern hotel- good sized rooms and a nice bar. Staff can seem a bit lost at times but overall good. Also ideally situated for the gautrain- although when I asked about a free shuttle to the train I was told that a taxi was the only way- which cost R50.

Room Tip: Have a drink in the bar- nice view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Hotel_Management2010, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Hi Deneys,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Sandton when visiting Johannesburg and for taking the time to share your experiences with your fellow TripAdvisor users.

Give our regards to the beautiful Cape and we look forward welcoming you when back in the Highveld...

Warm regards,

Hlumisa Saffa - Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed in Holiday Inn Sandton for more than three weeks.
The hotel was clean and provide a great level service while I was there.
I stayed in the business room which has a nice big queen bed. the bathroom was cleans and modern.
during my stay, I tired most of the room service menu. The menu was short and with good choice of food. The quality of the food was great and I did not feel bad for not going out for dinner.
The hotel is located in walking distnace from a large GYM which provide all the facilities I was looking for.
Aso walking distance to Mandela Square and shopping mall.

The staff were friendly, helpful and polite.

I could not fault this hotel and I will be goinf back to the same hotel on return to South Africa.
The price was reasonable and it would be good if they provide discount for long stays (greater than two weeks.)

The business lounge was not actually a lounge and did nto provide the same level of services (refreshment and snack) as other hotels I had stayed in. Maybe they will work on this for future.

I highly recommend this hotel.

thank you .
Pedram

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Hi Pedram,

On behalf of the entire "INN" team, thank you for your positive recommendations! It’s great to hear you have not been able to fault our service levels in the period you were staying with us.

If this would ever be the case, please notify us immediately so we can rectify this. Your comments on the Priority Club lounge are noted and will be discussed internally.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

At your service,