“Indulgent”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2014

Visited this resturant for the first time during resturant week. Boy were we surprised! On the onset it could be mistaken for an off the beaten tracks little resturant but once you settle in and acquaint yourself with the vibe, the theme, decor and ambience all come together to French Latin Quarter. To the tee!

In keeping with the theme, the menu includes a lot of the French cuisine, mostly with a local twist. The food is overall very impressive, delicious with immense attention to detail.

This resturant is a must repeat, it will knock your socks right off!

The downside can only be the lack of restrooms in the actual resturant but the center restrooms are so close you'll probably overlook it.

Reviewed 11 November 2014

For a romantic dinner or two you cannot beat Nuvo Cuisine. It is tucked away in Faire Glen giving the restaurant a quite atmosphere in a busy city. In interior is set up for a simple, but romantic ambiance with the Mediterranean décor.
On arrival we were met at the door and seated quickly by friendly and attentive staff. The menu has a great selection with an extensive wine list. Our main meals of Fillet and Beef Wellington were well presented and cooked to perfection. As most chefs will testify to, to present a perfectly cooked medium to rare Beef Wellington is no mean feat and the chef at Nuvo Cuisine did exactly that. Yes it is a little more expensive than you average Pretoria Restaurant, but well worth the experience. Great food great wine and romantic setting means we will return.

1  Thank Karrst
Reviewed 1 November 2014

While very pricey, - the character, food quality and service are all worth it!
The warm reception we received and the brief verification of our reservation were good signs of hospitality yet to come. The waiters rendered fabulous hosting. The food presentation was classy and its quality was elegant. I really enjoyed their Duck and vegetables. If you are a wine lover and have good company to enjoy the wine – Nuvo Cuisine is the perfect restaurant for you.
We were also entertained by live piano as well!
Beer drinkers must budget for a trip to the rest rooms though – as they are not an integral part of the restaurant.

Reviewed 11 October 2014

I was very excited about this restuarant after having read the website.

For starters I had the roasted marrow bones, an overall very unpleasantly salty experience! We also ordered the springbok carpaccio which was great. For mains we ordered the beef Wellington and the Mozambican lamb chops. Both of these dishes were very below average, the beef Wellington had no gravy, or the ragout of onions and mushrooms as indicated in the menu. The lamb chops (ordered medium) were over-cooked, probably less than 150g and cost R180. The chef should have been embarrassed to send that dish out! Every bite was an insult to my wallet and my common sense.

The ambiance was fairly good, there was a pianist who was great. The staff made a big effort to be friendly even though they didn't bring us a second menu until requested.

We did not complain about the food. However I doubt I will be returning. Disappointed...

Reviewed 7 October 2014

I visited Nuvo Cuisine for dinner recently with my fiancé and a friend. I have always been a fan of Nuvo, as the food is absolutely amazing and would recommend it to anyone, but I must also admit that every time I've visited, I have received bad service. Upon our arrival, we waited for 5 minutes by the door without anyone offering to seat us. We then decided to seat ourselves. Thereafter we proceeded to wait a further 10 minutes waiting for someone to bring us a menu and take our drinks order. No one came so I got up and called a waiter over (one who had passed our table a few times without glancing in our direction). The waiter continued to serve us well enough throughout the evening, only coming around to bring the food, cutlery and bill. We were responsible for topping up our own wine (which you do not expect at a place where you pay so much for both food and wine).

I have previously experienced this same lack of interest from the waiters and had sincerely hoped that the owner would have sorted it out by now, as I don't believe I am the only one who has experienced this attitude from the waiters.

Again, I cannot fault the food as it is simply amazing and that is the only reason I will ever return there.