“Great food, not so great service”
Review of Nuvo Cuisine - CLOSED

Nuvo Cuisine
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2014

I visited Nuvo Cuisine for dinner recently with my fiancé and a friend. I have always been a fan of Nuvo, as the food is absolutely amazing and would recommend it to anyone, but I must also admit that every time I've visited, I have received bad service. Upon our arrival, we waited for 5 minutes by the door without anyone offering to seat us. We then decided to seat ourselves. Thereafter we proceeded to wait a further 10 minutes waiting for someone to bring us a menu and take our drinks order. No one came so I got up and called a waiter over (one who had passed our table a few times without glancing in our direction). The waiter continued to serve us well enough throughout the evening, only coming around to bring the food, cutlery and bill. We were responsible for topping up our own wine (which you do not expect at a place where you pay so much for both food and wine).

I have previously experienced this same lack of interest from the waiters and had sincerely hoped that the owner would have sorted it out by now, as I don't believe I am the only one who has experienced this attitude from the waiters.

Again, I cannot fault the food as it is simply amazing and that is the only reason I will ever return there.

Reviewed 6 October 2014

We booked at Nuvo for a over 50 birthday party and we were a party of 8 people. The service was spectacular and wine was served at the perfect temperature.

The food was really good, but it is overpriced and i can get the same food for cheaper somewhere else (with the same good service and setting). The variety is wonderful though, with a plethora of dishes to choose from (probably can't get this variety in another restaurant).

I think what ruined the evening for us was the bathrooms. You have to use the communal centre bathrooms and they are absolutely disgusting and smelt horrible. Even if these are the bathrooms for the whole centre, you can make some effort and clean them before your evening diners arrive.

Reviewed 1 October 2014

Here the food is amazing and the restaurant is beautiful. The owner is the chef and also the musician. Spend a romantic evening with someone you love. It is difficult to find better food in Pretoria East. Thanks Nuvo Cuisine we love you!

Reviewed 21 September 2014

Had an excellent lunch recently at Nuvo Cuisine. Waiter was attentive and informative. No management in sight. Staff seem to run the show. Will return soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2014 via mobile

Amazing food- taste and presentation top notch. Intimate ambience - even over a Sunday lunch! Well worth a visit - we will be back.