Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Bonvoy member rate available
Sheraton.com
AU$91
Book Now with Marriott Bonvoy
AU$91
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2018

This is a mixed review, with some things great, some not so. The room was very nice, though the internet connection kept dropping off line. We had a prepaid room, but they had no record of this when checking in - we are still fighting with the hotel over double billing - they said they would give us a credit - hasn't happened. Check in was extremely slow, and the receptionist really didn't know what she was doing. On the good side, the room was very comfortable, the breakfast provided was excellent and had a make to order area for omelets. Service by the staff (other than the receptionist) was excellent. So this is a very nice place, we are just somewhat negatively tainted by the billing issue and receptionist.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pascal30, General Manager at Sheraton Pretoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear sellrd,

We appreciate you staying with us and sharing your experience. On behalf of my entire team, I apologize for falling short of your expectations. I assure you this was never our goal and we'll certainly use your feedback as a training tool for future guest interactions. Thank you again and safe travels.

Regards, Pascal Fouquet

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

In short, this is a overpriced hotel in a bad neighborhood with decent and fairly spacious rooms, underwhelming facilities, average food, and a service level that is terrible.

First, the neighborhood is not very nice. I received instructions (by local liason) to avoid go out walking. So make sure you have easy access to a car.

Rooms are fairly big but furniture etc are starting to get worn. Bed was big but too stiff for my taste.

Tried the gym and it wasn't very good. Not that hotel gyms usually are but the selection of equipment in this gym was very limited and old.

Dining area was fairly large but for some stupid reason the hotel insisted on playing loud music so it was difficult to have a conversation in the lobby or when dining.

Breakfast was nice with a selection that probably cater to most people.

The service in this hotel was terrible. For example, my colleague called for new towels in the afternoon. After three calls and two hours she gave up. I tried to get a small bandaid. I talked to three different people over the course of 20 mins without any luck. Ordering dinner took us almost over an hour, and this wasn't on a crowded night. Every time you asked for something, the response was sluggish at best. Staff gave the general impression of being passive and unable to take even the smallest decisions without consulting someone else.

Don't book this hotel, there must be better choices in the area.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Pascal30, General Manager at Sheraton Pretoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear 1travellingperson2,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to post your comments.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations.

Your response was shared with the relevant teams in order to improve service delivery.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Warm regards, Pascal Fouquet

Reviewed 25 September 2018

This hotel offers good conferencing facilities and accommodation for a business traveler. The rooms are decent and offer a nice view of the SA union buildings. Their staff are friendly and helpful but expect some delays in checking in if you arrive in the morning

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Joshu07
Pascal30, General Manager at Sheraton Pretoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Joshu07,

I want to thank you for staying with us and posting some feedback. It’s great to hear that you were pleased with our conference facilities, nice view and friendly staff. I am sorry that you experienced a delay at check-in and want to offer you an apology for the inconvenience. Rest assured that your comments were shared with the housekeeping team in an effort to improve our service and have rooms ready on time. I hope you’ll consider us next time you travel to Pretoria.

Warm regards,

Pascal Fouquet

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

This is the first time I write a review before I spent the night.
We arrived early evening and after check-in got to the room which was hot and sticky. The aircon didn’t work and I tried to call housekeeping but the phone was out of order. I went to reception and a not very friendly lady promised “help”. A technician came and set the temperature from 18 to 14.5 degrees and promised it would get cooler soon - it didn’t. Back to reception where a very friendly gentleman went back to the room to check and offered a different room which he would cool down. He offered free drinks - we declined and promised to check back on us 10 minutes later - that was 30 minutes ago - maybe he tried to call the phone - out of order.
Something like this never happened to me before.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephanb725
Pascal30, General Manager at Sheraton Pretoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear Stephan B,

We appreciate you staying with us and sharing your experience. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience that was caused.

All issues were attended to by the relevant teams and measures taken to prevent a recurrence.

Warm regards,

Pascal Fouquet

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

One of the best hotels I have visited. Staff are friendly and helpful. Services are excellent. The staff make sure that you know the policy of the hotel and help you out whenever you need. The price is very good compared to the services you are offered. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning to visit Pretoria.

Trip type: Travelled on business