All reviews beautiful property rooms are large home away from home top class great place to stay business trip africa pros fireplace cons internet
Reviewed 3 June 2016

The place is easy to find, in a very quite neighborhood, beautiful garden as we drove from the gate, high ceallings and welcoming reception, professional and helful staff. Our rooms were well managed and decorated, clean, just there was no fridge in my room 1, but noticed my children's rooms had, the bathroom was very clean.. Breakfast is served from early and I loved it cause you can arrange early - they are very flexible. Nice food and variety of breads and food... I loved the views from all bedrooms from which ever angle you are you see very nice gardens... Loved it and will definitely come back...will use this place when we are in Pretoria.

Room Tip: Every angle is amazing with uniqueness of natural beauty
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Villa S, Manager at Villa Sterne, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Dear Thuli,

Thank you for your stay at Villa Sterne.

We were experiencing problems with the fridge in that specific room at the time and unfortunately you room had to go without a fridge. We would like to apologies for any inconvenience in that matter.

Thank you or the positive and kind words, we are looking forward to host you again.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

It is a beautiful place, the view the best , the meals very tasty. The staff was helpful and friendly,
some people recommended a bit of renovation, but for me everything was perfect. Annatjie de Graaff.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Villa S, Manager at Villa Sterne, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Dear Annatjie,

Thank you for the positive review.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciate our ambiance we are trying to create.

Looking forward to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

This small family run hotel in a superb location overlooking the city is 'my home away from home' whenever I visit Johannesburg or Pretoria. From the minute you are welcomed by Kenny and his big smile you will feel at home.
The rooms are large and extremely comfortable. The breakfasts are legendary. The bar is run on an "honour" basis. Laundry services available. Transport to and from the city or nearby restaurants can be arranged. Dinner is not served unless ordered earlier in the day, preferably whilst at breakfast.
The staff are exceptionally helpful.
Has a magnificent pool area.

Room Tip: Request one overlooking the city.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Villa S, Manager at Villa Sterne, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad that we can be your 'home away from home'!

Thank you for the review. All points are noted and we will make sure all mentioned staff receive the message.

We are trying to expand the time that we allow for dinner orders, to make it more convenient for the guest.

Looking forward to have you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

The Villa Sterne is located atop a hill that overseas the city. Gives a great view both day and night time. I was traveling for work and when I travel I have very specific needs. comfortable bed, attentive staff, and good food. This hotel exceeded all my expectations in these areas. I was able to sleep through the night and the food was off the charts. I can not say enough about the food here. extremely affordable and absolutely delicious. Best food I have ever had in any hotel I have ever been to . I have stayed at hotels with Michelin stared chefs and I can confidently say the Villa Sterne still takes the cake with their food.

I also had great interactions with the staff. I spent most of my time with Kenny who was always courteous when providing assistance with my room needs as well as information about Pretoria. Where to go and what to see. The masseuse Noah was amazing. Best massage I have received in all my worldly travels. Jenna was also of great assistance transporting my colleague and I to and from work. She was punctual and made it a point to ensure I had a ride prepared. I can not say enough about how great the staff was the only regret is that I do not have all of their names to express my gratitude individually.

Room Tip: the second floor rooms have the best view of the city.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the time and your awesome review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have two personal chefs in our kitchen and they are the best of the best! I will make sure that they get the message!! Our spa is 5 star just like our excellent service and food.

Our transfers to and from your work is a complimentary service, thank you for the great review on that.

We are looking forward to have you stay with us in future!!

Joanita

Reviewed 15 May 2016

Located in a posh and quiet surburbs of Pretoria. Ideal for high level meetings. Stylish and elegant with homely victorian furnishing. Has lush and green garden with an excellent view of Pretoria City.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the excellent review. We do appreciate your time and kind words.

We are glad that you enjoyed your time at Villa Sterne.

We are looking forward to have you with us in the future.