“E”
Review of News Cafe

News Cafe
Ranked #64 of 83 Restaurants in Kempton Park
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

We had breakfast as it was the only Restaurant open at 7:30 in the morning. Staff were pushing around mops whilst we were having coffee and waiting for breakfast - not a pleasant experience and management should take note that it is not tasteful to have a mop and bucket with dirty water pushed around your table... We had poached eggs that were perfectly done, however the bacon at bottom was ice cold. The meal was enjoyable enough.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Went to this News Cafe a total of 3 times, the last time was just to see if it was unlucky days for me with the previous 2 times I received terribly poor service. To my dismay, it seemed like the norm.

This was the last time I will ever go to this News Cafe. Meyersdal, Rosebank and Sandton are definitely way better options than this poorly managed branch. It puts the News Cafe Franchise Brand to shame.

Here is an insight to my last experience there... The staff stand around talking to each other whilst we wait to be seated, so eventually we just seated ourselves. No one brought us a menu, none of the staff even noticed that we were sitting there waiting to be served. Not to mention that the table we sat at, was cleaned haphazardly, the seat had sauce smeared on the one edge of it and their were dirty spots all over the table. After sitting their for a while, I eventually had to get up from my seat to ask for someone to come and help us. Thinking we would now be served by someone, we still sat for a while longer. No one came to our table, and we eventually walked out saying we will never go back to that place again.

The previous 2 times I went there, was also a disappointment. The one time I had to send my meal back because it was ice cold, the glass which they presented my partner and I with was dirty, and not to mention the slow service once again.

The management of this place needs to be tightened up. The vibe when great music is being played in the evenings is fantastic, but the service is horrible. I will not be going back to this place again. However, I will enjoy the good music whilst walking through the parking lot of Emperors Palace, and that's about it.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Best atmosphere, friendly staff even the Bouncers (couldn't believe that) was super amazing. Thank you

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Best quality food, Best vwines, Best services. Waiters friendly and helpful. Fast with service to us

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Service is excellent when l am here with friends but every time l decided to go solo the service is terrible. The staff needs to be trained a bit all they care about is the bill not the service. The chairs inside the restaurant could be a bit classy, there is 2 cheap wooden tables that l think should be changed .The security personnel is awesome though.