“Joburg Gem”

Paul's Homemade Ice-Cream
Ranked #8 of 17 Dessert in Johannesburg
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Joburgers are fortunate to have locally made delicious ice cream in a range of really great flavors. The malva is outstanding, as is the peanut butter oreo. .

I have heard the Gautrain branch is tiny but good. I have been to to the Rosebank and Parkhurst branches, which have been consistently good but my favorite is in Hyde Park. Nice selection of flavors, comfy spacious seating area and very friendly helpful staff.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

So after tasting Swoon ice-cream in the UK, I never thought I would ever taste anything like it in SA and believe me I have tried. We were in Parkhurst and popped in as it looked so good. The staff were so incredibly obliging and let us have little tastes before making a decision (which is actually not great because then you end up having a cone with about 4 flavours because each one is better than the rest). The salted caramel is sublime, the banana bread is out of this world, and the granadilla sorbet sent me into orbit. I live quite far away from Parkhurst but believe me I will travel.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Paul's branch in Parkhurst has friendly service and the most amazing ice-cream. Oh my word... the salted caramel with dark chocolate is out of this world!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Paul’s Homemade Ice Cream in Parkhurst, Johannesburg serves a limited range of … wait for it … homemade ice cream and you can choose a cone, a bowl or a waffle with a scoop of your choice of deliciousness. Um… what can I say but … yum!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I tried the Paul's at the gautrain station in sandton , the scoops are huge and it was good enough to have for lunch , it was the special they have in sandton buy one get one free , so I took two scoops ,, the flavours i chose blended well together . Please bring back the lavender flavour