“I enjoyed it”

Trumps Grillhouse and Butchery
Ranked #6 of 1,464 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Price range: USD 14 - USD 17
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Established in 1994, we have become a favorite amongst the locals and business people in and around the Sandton area. We've hosted many local and international guests— you may even spot local and international celebrities too. Trumps is popular with many tour operators and airlines; we are frequented by customers from British Airways, Qatar, Virgin, Lufthansa, and others. We are the number one seller of Karan Beef in Johannesburg and all our beef is aged on the premises in a cold room, for 21 days. What can our patrons expect? Affordability, consistency, excellent service and outstanding meals. We pride ourselves on being able to create the highest quality meals, all at affordable prices. We have an extensive menu that has taken years to develop. Our food can be described as top notch. At Trumps, "It's all about the meat." A variety of steaks, including Fillet, Rump, Sirloin, and Prime Rib are a must for meat lovers. Our famous BBQ ribs are another favorite amongst our customers. Otherwise we have a variety of seafood and chicken dishes to suit every customer's liking. With all the experience over the years and a great and competent team back and front of house, we have the ability to produce consistently excellent results, no matter how busy we may be. We have an extensive wine menu, to cater for all tastes. Our passion to bring new and exciting meals and wine to the world has driven us to source our wines from around the world. Our newly built cellar offers a host of local and international wines, impressive for even the most sophisticated palate. With a new in-house butchery opening at the end of October, many of our patrons will soon be able to take a piece of Trumps home with them. We have two Private rooms available for both corporate and personal functions. The Johnnie Walker Private Room, and our Glenfiddich Private Room. Whether it's a company meeting, year end, or even just a special occasion that needs to be celebrated, dine in comfort and style. Each room is customized to offer an experience worth remembering!
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I visited here on the 8 and 9 March for dinner, wow! The first night I had a ribeye steak it I was so delicious I had it with their mashed potatoes i enjoyed every bite. And the next night I had their OX tail with rice, that was a pot of goodness. I am surely coming back again and again anytime I am in Joburg. Thanks chef for great meals. ( unfortunately I didn’t take pics but next time I will definitely make sure my phone’s battery is full).

Date of visit: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,225)

Reviewed 10 March 2018

The quality of the steak was amazing. It was garnished with a BBQ glaze which really wasn't to my personal taste, however, the staff were accommodating and explained that I should try the pepper coating.

Again, glaze aside (purely personal) - one of the best cuts of meat I have had in South Africa! You could cut it with the back of a spoon - let alone a knife! hehe

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 9 March 2018

The restaurant was full, gladly my host had pre-booked. We arrived to find a hostess waiting for us by party name. The service was of a very high order, the food was delivered (all 4 of us in the party) hot, and at the same time. The steaks were very well cooked and had excellent flavour. All side dishes cooke also to perfection. Great wine with the steak - what do you need more?

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Delicious. Prime rib was very good but a bit fatty. Lamb chops were great. Spinch and mushroom sides are well done. Very nice steakhouse in the middle of nelson mandela square.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Great steaks at this venue. We visited more than a year ago and were impressed by the constant quality of food served. Very friendly service - the butcher is on the floor to take care of your needs. Highly recommended