“Good first impression ”
Review of Adega Boksburg

Adega Boksburg
Ranked #457 of 1,335 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Sushi, Portuguese, Seafood
Description: Adega Restaurants are upmarket Portuguese restaurants that cater for a variety of tastes and styles. The restaurants offer a warm unpretentious ambience allowing the diner to feast in true Portuguese style. We are located conveniently in shopping centres where there is ample safe parking. Our aim is to extend the highest level of quality of food and service, without losing the personal attention and friendliness of the staff and management of the restaurant. Booking is essential due to the popularity of the restaurant.
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

My first impression on entering this restaurant was that it was that it looked smart inside and the staff very welcoming. Service was good and I was served promptly. The menu was very varied and there were several items I could happily have chosen. I chose the ribs...... and afterwards wish I hadn't. I found them really tough and I think I left more than I ate. But I think I would give it another go and perhaps opt for fish.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

They prepare very nice chicken and their chips are so delicious. The meals for sharing always deliver for me although a bit pricey. I've always enjoyed a meal for two, either seafood or the espatada. I've found the chicken, fish and espatada steaks always nice and fresh. I go back there from time to time either for take out or eat inn. My kids love their menu's. As I said they are a bit pricey but the food and the service good.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Adega is a Portuguese restaurant of note. Usually it is full requiring a booking but Saturday night turned out relatively quiet. Perhaps being in the middle of the month and going through hard economic times is the reason. Nevertheless service was prompt and friendly, the food served was well presented and generous in portions. As a group no one had starters, there was one bottle of wine on the table as others had soft drinks, whiskey or beer. Two of us had queen prawns, served with a selection of sauces, ( a bit pricey) while we finished with Irish Coffee's. R3000.00 for the 6 of us. We all felt "well fed", had a great evening and will go again when the occasion arises.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

We visited this restaurant on the 16th Dec 2016 and although the service was reasonable the food was extremely disappointing. 4 of the 6 in our party ordered Steak.
The presentation was terrible. A lump of meat on a plate with a few scattered chips. Nothing else. Besides looking unappatizing the meat was cold and tough.
Really disappointing as I had eaten here in the past and the food was good. Sorry to see the decline in quality.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

We visited for lunch on our wedding anniversary. The venue was nearly empty. This should have been a warning sign. The service was slow and the order delivered without the french fries we ordered. The Greek salad was an absolute disaster. The fish and calamari was well prepared, but unfortunately the prawns were overcooked. Pity as the place used to be known for its good Portuguese style cooking.