“Local is lekker”

Ranked #38 of 1,418 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great food, atmosphere, service, decor. Love the brunches as well. Def will be back. Thanks & Bon appétit!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When I arrived there it was 40 minutes before closing and we waited to be sitted but the waiter looked at us as if we irritating him. So when we were about to leave they, rushed over to sit us. They noticed we where irritated. The waiter told me straight that there was food on the buffet and we can eat it but he will NOT be replenishing it. SO we are welcome to have whatever is there. Horrible thing to say, so we left and will never be going there or recommend anyone to go there. Being a chef, I know that's one way you don't treat a guest. I was willing to understand but the way your waiter, (the only male there,white guy.)treated me and my family, with total disrespect and tapping me on my shoulder wasn't called for. I even told him that i know that the kitchen will close soon, I understand, i have my own, don,t mind leaving and would come back another day, was okay with me. But being told that i can eat whats there (food that been out all day) but he wouldn't fill up or change anything. Really uncalled for. Teach your staff that they, are the brand and small things like that are able to ruin a business.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

I have eaten at Leafy Greens many times and it is still my favourite lunch time venue. The garden setting is exquisite, the food is always top quality with the widest variety of vegan meals anywhere in Johannesburg. The health shop is also full of amazing things and a nice treat to walk round before heading for home.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Really one of the best vegan restaurants ever .
It is clean and it has class !one can also shop here , please ask for the Hekpoort Heksie vegan Chilli it’s divine to cook with , the buffets are also awesome and ask them if you can have a peep in their kitchen it’s awesome !!!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Certainly not a Vegan, I was a bit wary when Leafy Greens Cafe was the venue of choice for a family birthday. The food was good throughout, with some dishes vastly more tasty than some other, more 'sexless' options. The juices are delicious, albeit rather pricey for some squeezed fruit.
Being an annex to one of Johannesburg's most overrated Italian Eatery, one cannot shake the notion of 'overly commercial' without the necessary attention to detail. The decor is a bit bland, the outside tables rather basic (certainly not reflecting the prices charged there) and the service is a bit on the slow side, but acceptable.
All in all not a bad choice, but I won't hurry back there either...

1  Thank ironmountainrobi