“Greek fast food good...... slow cooked food not great”
Review of Meze

Meze
Ranked #472 of 1,381 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 April 2016

We've been to Meze about 20 times, that should tell a story. Most of the time we order souvlaki, yiro, halloumi, olives. They are always good. Ordered the pastichio, Yemista once. Never again. Tasteless, lacking flavour. Coffees are good. Baklava and kataifi too. They are always buzzing and there is a vibey atmosphere. Won't break the bank either.

2  Thank Ayr77

Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

Found this lovely gem of a Greek restaurant, take-away and deli shop. Could not help myself and went home with a car load full of delicious eats - treating the family at home. Everything fresh and authentic Greek. Will definitely visit here again and highly recommend to anyone looking for a tantalizing gastronomic experience.

Reviewed 24 December 2015

We ate here 3 days before Xmas. The food was delicious and the range of different Greek foods was quite broad.
The place was packed with local Greek folks thoroughly enjoying the fare.

My colleague being Greek was doing the suggesting and the ordering
Our starter grilled calamari in a suace was simply the best I have ever tasted

The Souvlaki again was soft and juicy. I had the chicken and my colleague had the pork

The Greek salad was fresh as ever.

To round off a light luch I just wanted the Greek Coffee (metrio or medium) was simply the best I have experienced

I will be back tomorrow already before they shut for the summer Xmas holidays.

Twice in 3 days. Hmmm-Cannot wait to try other dishes

Reviewed 15 August 2015

Tasty traditional Greek food, including a delicious Greek coffee. Seems to be a place much favoured by the local Greek community. Pleasant atmosphere, quite a vibrant place. Take away is an option as well as the little shop nearby stocking Greek delicacies, locally made and imported.

Reviewed 10 January 2015

Bit of a rough start to our visit - it was about 13:30 on a Saturday, so approximately 50 percent of the more traditional items on the menu that I wanted to order, were sold out. A bit dejected, I ordered haloumi, a type of cheese ball, and cocktail greek lamb meatballs - very large portions for the price you pay and DELICIOUS! Feeling a bit more upbeat about the place, I surveyed the glass top counters and ordered the stuffed tomato, the kleftiko in tomato sauce and a beef curry - all to die for! Last highlight: really good coffee!

1  Thank Foodie935