“Lunch/Dinner”

Price range: USD 5 - USD 16
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

We always eat there the food and service are very good. The sushi is very tasty if you are a sushi lover order the Salmon platter.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We were staying over in a guesthouse, and this was actually one of the restaurants they recommend cause it's so close by. Do go there for drinks and a good atmosphere, it is amazing. Then comes the sad part. The food is so well described that you can't make up your mind cause everything looks so good. Then you do make up your mind, you get the good, and everything is so bland, like they forgot to use any spices, not even salt. I had the duck confit which is supposed to be one of their signature dishes which is quite costly. My husband had a pizza, but the same thing, it didn't taste like anything. I asked the waiter for a review slip, he didn't know what I was talking about. So I wrote my complaint on the back of my bill. A manager did come to apologize very kindly. So no hard feelings, I just wouldn't recommend it.

1  Thank sonjav561
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Had a lovely dinner and was very impressed with the speed of service. It was a Friday night, and we didn't have a reservation but we were offered a table none the less, but with a time limit. Hence we were very pleasantly surprised when within 10 mins of ordering, our food was on the table. Impressive portions and simply delicious.
Because of the time limit and large main course portion however, I didn't get to taste any of the desserts....which I regretted, but I guess it will be a good excuse to go back again :)

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

One of my favourite spots when I'm in Joburg! Excellent sushi, great pizzas and an amazing vibe.

Went there today and was extremely disappointed by the service. Our server Phoebe was far from pleasant. She didn't great us or introduce herself. After she brought our food we didn't see her until the meal was over and she didn't ask us how our meal was. When we eventually saw her again I mentioned that we hadn't seen her much. When she brought us the bill I was as on my phone and didn't hear when she spoke to say "thank you and have a great day". Because I didn't respond, she tapped me and said "I'm trying to talk to you nicely and you aren't responding". That is completely unacceptable! Worst experience I've had at Throbbing Strawberry.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Good food, great vibes and awesome service.

Great place for lunch but in the evening is where this place rocks.

Great for drinks and dinner before a night out.