“Lunch”
Review of Il Contadino

Il Contadino
Ranked #200 of 1,387 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Took a friend out to lunch in this very lovely looking restaurant. There were quite a few other customers so quite a nice ambience. We both had a main dish and both were very pleasant. The service was average and the waiters could do with some training! Stretching across us to reach for things was parr for the course! Otherwise fine!

1  Thank r0bbie2

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Food was indifferent. Pumpkin gnocchi tough and chewy. Steak unadorned, poorly presented. Coq au vin like a nursery boiled chicken. all the ice-cream flavors similar. No presentation.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We had an outstanding meal last night at Il Contadino. Our waiter Thaps was fantastic. He was very helpful and pleasant. The service was quick. My Porcini risotto was delicious. My husband and our friends thoroughly enjoyed their food too. The restaurant was packed and there was a great vibe. We will definitely be back soon!! Thank you!!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

I have been watching this space being transformed into its current beauty. The décor is quirky and with quality finishes. I friend and I visited for brunch and ordered a full breakfast and a filled croissant respectively. The ingredients were fresh and from their own farm! Everything was tasty. The coffee was well executed. I loved the mini croissants served with the coffee. The service was prompt and friendly.
Ideal for brunch.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

I had great red sauce pasta and my friend had three vegetarian dishes. Food was really hearty and tasty. Service was not great. Waiter forgot to bring ice, than forgot we asked for water, than took napkins after main meal but didn't replace it for desert.. so very disappointing service but nice food...