“Very average ”

Ranked #118 of 1,347 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My 2nd visit and both times I was disappointed. Food and service are average. Personally won't be trying it a 3rd time even though I live 1km away.

1  Thank SGJHB

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

My Mum has eaten here often and loves it. I'm on holiday and she brought me here. What a gem!
We sat outside because the sun was shining which was great for this time of year. The menu was ample and the food was just excellent. I had the herring to start and then the German sausage and mash. It was absolutely delicious and the ambience was great. Good home cooked food! Would definitely come here again!! 10 out of 10.

1  Thank janedeb123
Reviewed 12 May 2017

Decided to visit this establishment after many years. Nothing much has changed. Had starters of Black Mushroom and the Bunder platter. the mushroom sauce was too salty, and the Bunder platter lacked any flavour, it was very dull. The main was, The Hungarian beef goulash, that lacked flavour on all fronts, it was a "very average stew" and the uncurbed schnitzel, that was covered in "plastic" mushroom sauce. needless to say, that both meals were not finished and it did not lift the interest in having a dessert. We did have espressos.

The manager, never once came to the table, even though he went to all other tables around us, presumably (frequent customers).

Don't waste your time, within a radius of 5 kms, there are far better eateries from all kinds of textures and flavours that will leave you smiling. This seems to still be the "waterhole" for many customers that are more interested in the pub like vibe.

Décor a zero, food a 3, service a 3, therefore my recommendation, stay away.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Good place for lunch or a pub lunch. Thoroughly enjoyed our lunch with friends. Good service and menu. Car park is limited and close to highway.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

The restaurant filled up very quickly for Sunday lunch.
A few of us had the eisbein and it was gigantic and very good. The menu is a bit large but I will have fun exploring in future.

The parking is a bit limited so arrive early (11h40 worked for us).

The live music was never obtrusive and had us all tapping our feet to classics.

1  Thank Milton V