“Impeccable food and attentive service”
Review of Kong

Kong
Ranked #156 of 1,315 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2016

My fiancee and I went to Kong on Saturday night for a light meal. Having been to their old restaurant at The Buzz centre years ago I was expecting superb food. And that's exactly what we received. It's so fantastic to see a restaurant having kept to their high standards after moving. I'd go as far as to say that they've become even better.

The Hong Kong Pears were a true epicurean treat - a delight to look at and the flavours were amazing. The Lamb Gyoza were just as tasty.

Following the dim sum we had salmon fashion sandwiches - I would say that it is some of the freshest sushi in Johannesburg and well worth ordering.

Service, on the whole, was excellent - our waiter was attentive, and the managers and maître d' were present, welcoming and friendly.

An all-round exceptional evening, even if it was just for an impromptu light meal.

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

A vibey and beautiful restaurant but the food can be hit and miss. My partners kong beef was spectacular but my soup was obviously frozen and the heated up- it was lukewarm and tasteless. To managements credit they did take this off our bill. Not one of my favourite places but not bad.

1  Thank Reenwoud
Reviewed 12 April 2016

Service is great, the place is so nice,. Amazing food, one of the best Suchi ever . I need to go back again

Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

Probably the best steak I've ever had, still dreaming about it! Very nice place to sit and have a family dinner or for a couple. Menu huge and varied, will be back

Reviewed 11 March 2016

For us, Kong is not a treat, it is a necessity! Besides the incredible decor and great service, the food is superb (and they make some of the best dumplings this side of Hong Kong!)!