“Great sushi, cocktails and service!! A must!! ”
Review of Kong

Kong
Ranked #94 of 1,229 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

We mostly go there for sushi and dim sum because it is so darn good. I recommend the 4x4's, and obviously as sushi enthusiasts will know, you just can't miss the salmon roses and sashimi. For dim sum try the pork Gyoza. Oh and don't forget to order the Hong Kong pears because these are the yummiest comforting morsels of deliciousness. Kong is on the pricey side but it really is worth the extra money. I just cannot fault the service, the staff at all levels are just brilliant. The last time I was there a week ago the place literally knocked the socks off any other place I've been to recently. Can't wait for my next visit.

There are newer reviews for Kong

Reviewed 29 October 2015

Kong is one of my favourite places to Dim Sum. The ambiance is lovely, staff friendly and the food is excellent. They have a very impressive range of luxurious cocktails, a decent wine list and a great menu which caters for everyone, there are several nice vegan & vegetarian dishes, great sushi, small tapas type dishes and of course my favorite the wrap sensation.

1  Thank Asiasmasia
Reviewed 18 October 2015

Technically Kong should be a 5 but the higher price tag on most dishes just bumps it off a 5 out of 5. Loved every minute of my meal here.

We were here on a Saturday evening and really enjoyed the expansive atmosphere created by the high ceilings an bold decor. Modern Asian to a T. The ambiance was welcoming and chic with cool tunes playing in the background. It was a warm evening with huge windows opening out onto the parking lot, but the interior makes you forget you are in a strip mall. Not easy to do so well done.

Service was excellent and cant fault. Prompt friendly and helpful.

We ordered Vietnamese starter, rice rolls fresh and high quality ingredients great balance of flavors, R60. Angry duck for main R140 was seriously angry as the waiter described, delicious and the panang curry had subtle flavours that melted in your mouth, R120. Mix of Thai Chinese Vietnamese flavors and dishes cooked to perfection. Sides you have to add R20-40. Absolutely flawless food.

Excellent wine list with a wide range of whites that pair beautifully with these Asian dishes. Good bottle, around R200. Only thing that I can fault with the restaurant was the price tag, everything was more expensive than your standard Asian fare but just a bit too high. For a treat this place is highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

My first experience here was an unforgettable one. While out celebrating my birthday with my girls, we had fantastic service great food and drinks. I could not fault this establishment. The cherry on top was the "eaten mess" dessert with a sparkler and a birthday with from the staff. They made our night great and made me feel special on my birthday.

Reviewed 19 September 2015

There is a wide range of Asian fusion foods available. We came with a large group and tried many different appetizers, all very well prepared, including siao mai, steamed dumplings, fried calamari, and others. It was a surprise to find steamed spicy lamb dumplings prepared in a Chinese way, but obviously not Chinese. All very good. We also had mains, including pad thai and a pork stir-fry. That last was a little tough and stringy, but still tasty.