“A Touch of Class”
Review of Marble Restaurant

Marble Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 1,425 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Description: Marble offers Joburg diners something different – not just a plate of food, but a theatre of experience. Marble celebrates the quintessential South African tradition of cooking on fire – and not just meat, but all types of ingredients cooked on coals – including fish, poultry, vegetables and breads. The wine list has been painstakingly put together – it features 100 of the best local and some international wines. Diners can expect a great night out, with delicious food and top-notch service – and one of the best views of the city.
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We knew our visit to this beautiful restaurant was going to be something truly special from the moment we arrived. The decor, from the gorgeous lighting to the tasteful arrangement of the tables and open view kitchen was ‘wow’... very chic indeed. It’s was impressive seeing Chef David Higgs do his thing in full view of his guests.
Our waiters were attentive and friendly from the moment we arrived.
The fresh oysters, two a portion were sensational followed by the seared tuna, perfectly prepared, bursting with the most incredible melt-in-your mouth flavors.
Don’t miss this one for a special occasion.

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

I went there with local colleagues and I have to admit that they were right when they told me that it would have been a great dinner.
Modern design,many elegant guests,trendy but not too noisy.
We had a drink on the balcony with panoramic view
Very efficient service.
Flavored food,meta or fish,interesting wine list allowing accurate wine-pairing.....
I will have dinner again when coming back to Johannesburg.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

The cocktail bar was a fantastic start to the lunch. Great cocktails and better wine selection. Food was fantastic and they catered exceptionally well for a vegetarian guest considering the specialties of the house. Each course was sublime and the mains worth waiting for and cooked to perfection. Definitely a venue worth going to.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Treated my wife on her birthday with a family lunch at Marble. She’s a huge fan of the owner and has been wanting to try out the restaurant. Exceptional decor and top class service. I found the food to be quite expensive given the portion sizes. However the food quality is second to none. The waiters go out of their way to ensure that their patrons are well taken of. Nice location but parking can be tricky so and Uber may be worthwhile.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

My good friend took me to Marble for lunch. as a treat on my visit to Johannesburg. I was very impressed! How lovely to be told that there would be no time limit to our dining - That’s one thing one doesn’t get at a similar top notch restaurant in London/ Europe!

We started off in the bar area having cocktails and admiring the scenery from the balcony area. What a delightfully elegant and modern design! Very helpful staff as well - Nigel helped us with selecting cocktails and even got the WiFi code for us (Nice touch!).

The restaurant itself was beautifully set. I like the contemporary feel to it. We had steaks, which were very good. The Head Chef, David Higgs, did make an appearance - Although it looks like he was greeting friends who were dining, he was pleasant to the rest of us dining there.

Great ambiance. Stylish and elegant set up. Great food. I enjoyed this dining experience. Highly recommend.