“Brunch at the beach”

Cielo Resto-Lounge-Bar
Ranked #44 of 88 Restaurants in Benoni
Reviewed 5 February 2018

It was our first visit and well worth it. The view is very nice with people waterskiing in the back and the beach setup in front of you. You can decide to sit outside overlooking or relax on the beach. Great ambience. The menu was different from the usual. Food was very good.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

It is not often that I am forced to write a negative review. Usually, I can find a few things that are positive about a restaurant. Well, this restaurant has created a first for me.

On 02 January;
We waited over 30 to 40 minutes for each drinks order. Our food order took 1.5 hrs to come and when it did, was sub standard and ice cold. The simple cheeseburger we ordered without garnish arrived with cheese on a bun! No burger patty. When I queried this, I had to personally walk to the grill and speak to the chef. NO management in sight. The R150 rib eye steak looked like thin tenderized steak, and tasted even worse.

Then the manager tried to blame their inadequacy on the poor waitress. Heads up Ciello owners and managers - your attitude toward paying customers stinks. My bill was over R2000, and you expect me to be happy with what I got. When you are understaffed, management should become more involved. The lazy management at Ciello’s believe they are too good for this.

Thanks for ruining our special afternoon!

If you are planning to spend your hard earned money on a restaurant, then chose another venue. I cannot recommend Ciello, even if they have a great venue.

1  Thank Sean M
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Great food! Great service! Great view! What a pleasure to have a beach in Benoni! Cielo has a great ambience and they pride themselves on good food served in a most attractive way!

Reviewed 20 December 2017

It was my second visit,
and because i really enjoyed my first visit I invited quite a few guests to join me
as I expected an above average experience!
The restaurant offers a great setup, beautiful view, awesome décor,
and I love the atmosphere!
Great service, friendly and accommodating staff!
BUT THE FOOD WAS BAD!
What a shame!
The owners need to re train their kitchen staff,
our simplest order, a hamburger was a mess with dry bread and a patty from hell
and so was all the other dishes we ordered!
Wont see me again!

1  Thank StevieSA
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Cielo-Amo-Amare-Amato-A place to remember.From the minute we walked in,we knew this was a Sunday date.We chose a table and we're welcomed by a waitress called Cynthia.The setting is at the Lakeside,beautiful,relaxing,spacious.The service from our waitress Cynthia was Fantastic 9/10-The food was great,fresh and we'll served.The care and dedication was evident.The toilets clean,clear and very modern.I could not fault this restaurant I In any manner.A Family friendly layout.There is far too much to write.See for yourself......