See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 April 2018

The setting of Emoya is rustic and relaxing. Staff are helpful although lack finesse. I found the therapists to be prone to making noise during one's treatment so one couldn't really relax. I have visited many spas nationally and abroad and found Emoya to be a little "uncared" for and certainly extremely noisy.
Towels and room decor/design are dated. My therapist short-changed me in time which was annoying. When I reminded her of the time that I had started, she apologized.
Nothing special here on any level which is a pity as it could be quite wonderful with certain improvements.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Last week I went for two days to Emoya for a corporate function.
It was terrible. The food was tasteless and cold. The meat was terrible: we couldn’t even cut it. Every now and then when we break for coffee the water in the urn was cold or the coffee or milk was finished. The toilets were dirty and lots of spider webs were visible. I mean how long could it take them to clean two small toilets? We even run out of toilet paper the afternoon. The evening function was just as disastrous with spiders running from the wood carved placemats. It was very cold and it would have been nice if they could have turned the air conditioners on beforehand.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Patrys E
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We booked and paid - stupidly without reading ALL the info - though we did speak to reception 1st. The cheetah experience AND the restaurant was closed on Monday - but were told there was a great pizza spot. They were so helpful arranging baby sitters, booking spa treatment - it sounded like a luxurious stop over. In reality it is tired and seen better days. The massage was amazing! And the staff lovely but being shown to your room by the business consultant who tells she has been bought in to try turn business around, does not bode well. In dire need of a make over and fix up on every level.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2017

The staff are unfriendly, unhelpful, and unprofessional. They lie, lack basic courtesy and do not know how to speak to people. The facilities are second rate and the structures are downright common. The entire place looks like a rundown village with a few lights here and there. A passing tourist attraction next to the road, not a fancy hotel. The food quality is more akin to hostel fare than anything prepared for paying customers. It is definitely not something worth paying for at all. I have experienced far better from cheaper hotels.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank masterfx512
Reviewed 3 March 2017

I stayed at this out of town hotel in my own modern African 'hut'.
There were animals around which made it even more interesting - nothing to fear!
I had a good rest with modern facilities inside, and wished that I had stayed longer.
There is a restaurant on the site which is worth a visit.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be the same, though they are separate dwellings.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business