All reviewsthe penthouserestaurants and barsundercover parkinglocal beachesrecommend this hotelshort stayoff street parkingcentral locationexcellent locationon site restaurantsmall balconyrooms are cleanvery pleasant stayeasy accesswalking distancebeautiful placeplett
Reviewed 18 June 2018

We recently stayed at this hotel based on reviews. We had booked a family suite and lucked out as we got an upgrade to the penthouse. It was massive and we loved our stay here. Great views of the ocean from every window. We caught an amazing sunrise while having our morning coffee in our balcony. Loved it
The seafood restaurant downstairs is excellent as well. Everything was conveniently located from bakery to ice cream shop.
Great value for money.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Bayview_Hotel_Plett, Guest Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Abhi_ATL,

Thank you for your review of the hotel.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy an upgrade to the penthouse apartment with its breathtaking views, spacious rooms and living areas as well as the central location of the hotel.
We will pass on your kind compliments to the restaurant also.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Spacious rooms with river and sea views, friendly, helpful staff and a great on-site restaurant, plus affordable rates made this a very pleasant stay indeed. No bar fridge, no hairdryers and limited TV channels are a slight drawback, but the comfy bed with heaps of pillows and small lounge area more than made up for this.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Bayview_Hotel_Plett, Guest Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Helen C,

Thank you for your review of the hotel.

We are so glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms and lovely views! We will also pass on your compliments to the restaurant.
Your comments with regards the bar fridge, hairdryers and TV channels have been noted, and these are being addressed in accordance with the refurbishment that is planned for the hotel - please keep an eye on our website for more information in this respect.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon!

Reviewed 8 May 2018

We arrived at 14h15, (15 after check in is allowed) our room was not ready, we waited at reception for 30min before we were allowed access, we had just driven for 4.5 hours to get to Plett. The next morning, we went to breakfast, per my booking I was advised of a R90 booking.com offer, same was not communicated to the restaurant owner, we spoke to the lady at reception, who wasn't able to find my paperwork, so I paid the bill in full. We checked out after a 2 night stay, upon leaving the keys for room 201 at reception, I asked if I needed to settle anything, or sign anything, I was told all is fine, the lady took the keys and I left. The next day, I received a call from a lady at Booking.com, asking if I could return to the hotel, as I needed to settle my bill, directly - I was already in East London. I've been waiting for the hotel's bank details for over a week, to make payment! I will never stay at this hotel again! #EpicFail I've learnt not to wait for the last minute to book, especially over a public holiday, as this is what you get.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Bayview_Hotel_Plett, Guest Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Nasrin,

Thank you for your review of the 8th May 2018 from which date we’ve undertaken an investigation of the relevant issues and the matters raised have been taken up with the relevant departments.

1. Check In
The previous guest staying in your booked room was late to check out and this was the cause of your delayed check in. Unfortunately, tardy checkouts do occur beyond our control. Nonetheless, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

2. Breakfast Booking
There seems to have been a misunderstanding in this respect. Our Booking.com listing does not allow for breakfast bookings on-line. The information conveyed on Booking.com’s site is for information purposes only. Our apologies if this was not clear. For future reference please check your confirmation email for what’s included and what is not included.

3. Booking Payment
There seems to have been an issue with your credit card details, which was not processing when your booking was made, or again at time of check in. In any event, we are glad that the matter has since been resolved.

Warm regards

Reviewed 8 May 2018

My stay at Bayview Hotel was very satisfying. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and welcoming. Although palm trees blocked the sea view, a bit of the bay was visible.The central location was convenient and the off-street parking very welcome.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Dear Shirleyw303,

Thank you for your review of the hotel.

We're delighted that your stay at the hotel was to your satisfaction and that you were able to enjoy our comfortable spacious rooms, friendly professional staff and convenient location - all points on which we pride ourselves.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel situated in the Centre of town which makes it easy to walk to restaurants etc in the evenings. We were walking and all lucky enough to get rooms overlooking the bay. Had dinner in the hotel restaurant one night and it was very nice, my blackened pepper steak with green Madagascar peppercorn sauce was cooked to my liking and very very nice. Well priced hotel in a good location.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Bayview_Hotel_Plett, Guest Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear DaveT,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We pride ourselves on our central location within the village and are delighted that you were able to enjoy same as well as all the amenities along the Main Street within walking distance.

We will pass on your kind compliments to the restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!