USD 100
USD 99
USD 71
Motel 6 Holbrook(Holbrook)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
USD 88
Hotwire.com
USD 54
Hotels.com
All reviewsbagelsroute motelpreservesplace cardslive plantsassigned seatinghard boiled eggsa wonderful jobpetrified forestmotor courtcontinental breakfastreviews on tripadvisorcookie cutterlight sleeperfriendly ownerssized bednice breakfast
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

As we wanted to stay at a real motel on rt 66 we chose this based on trip advisor ratings at first when we were checking in was a little sketchy
But we got our rooms and they were great very clean lots of great little amenities nicely decorated great breakfast in the lobby in the morning served by the owner and his daughter would come back again the only thing they don’t allow pets

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2018

This mom and pop motel, close to Petrified Forest National Park, is really quite exemplary. Typical on the outside, it is extraordinary on the inside, uniquely decorated with so many amenities that you would not expect in a $100 motel. The hosts personally escort you to your room and were friendly and helpful throughout. But the inclusive breakfast was the biggest surprise with delicious eggs, freshly scrambled and served by our host and big fresh croissants and pastries, fruit, jams and more. An incredible deal!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2018

I normally stay in big-name hotels, so I was initially cautious of this place. Rest assured (no-pun intended), this place is great. parking isn't necessarily right in front of the door but adequate. The rooms are exactly what you want when staying off Route 66. Period Cool. Old stye TV for decoration and very, very clean. The surprise was the free breakfast. Owners were super accommodating and nice. I wish other hotels/motels were as good as this one. I would definitely stay here again. Also, the wifi is really good.

Room Tip: Great Rooms and Breakfast
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2018

We were on a major road trip from Texas to the Grand Canyon and back by way of Roswell and Carlsbad Caverns. It was time to stop for the night, and Holbrook was it for several miles. I pulled up TripAdvisor and saw that this place was #1 ranked by travelers.

It only has 10 rooms, so we were lucky to get one. I did call on our way, and I suggest you do the same (if you are just passing through). We checked in late and were escorted to our room. Parking isn't ideal, as we were not able to park in front of our room as one would with a typical motel. This wasn't a big deal, though. When we (my husband, my 10 year old son, and myself) inspected the room, there were lots of "oooohhhs" and "awwwwwws". There were two live plants and tons of books in our room. We found it quaint and cute and fun! I couldn't give 5 stars simply because the beds were a little too soft for our liking.

To address some of the negatives we read-
Yes, the train is nearby. We live in a large city and get road noise at our house. The train did not bother any of us. For most of the night, the horn did not blow. I did start to hear the horn early in the morning (I'm a super light sleeper). I did not find the train noise annoying nor did it keep me awake all night.

There was a mini fridge in our room. We were told how to turn it down/off if the noise bothered us (several negative comments on this topic). It was not an issue.

Yes, the bathroom was a bit small. The sink is on one side of the room and the shower and toilet on the other. Again, no big deal. The shower was a nice size (we all used it-not at the same time. haha).

Breakfast was amazing! We were greeted by one of the owners who showed us to our table and explained what was available. There was cereal, toast, bagels, fresh fruit and preserves and cream cheese. The owner offered to make us scrambled eggs. We all had some and they were delicious!

Overall, I would definitely recommend this place! It's not a high end hotel, but certainly you wouldn't expect that here. This is a place you won't find anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Our room was full of character, well appointed and very clean. The hosts are personable and helpful.
Great location close to Petrified Forest NP. Nice breakfast and real plates and silverware. Way better than the average chain motel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple