“Very comfortable hotel with wonderful service”

Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I am a Marriott Gold member and stayed at this hotel for a conference. I was notified of my upgraded room early in the morning (7 or 8AM) prior to even flying to Arizona. The check in experience was phenomenal -- 3 of us all showed up in one Uber and were all checked in and on our way in less than 4 minutes total. The room was very comfortable -- I was given a suite on the 11th floor that looked out over the football stadium. I used the pool and did eat at the hotel...both of which were pleasantly awesome. Moreover, I forgot my shaving cream at home and called to ask if they had any. It is no exaggeration that there was a knock at my door in 45 seconds from the time I called (6:45AM). Fantastic. The only reason I did not give the property 5 stars is that the overall feel of the hotel room is slightly business-y and it does not have the sumptuousness of certain other hotels. This is truly not a criticism because that is not what this hotel is trying to accomplish. Instead, this hotel knows what it is and does everything right. I would gladly stay there again and would go out of my way to stay there if I went to Phoenix again.

Room Tip: Concierge lounge is on 10th floor. I would stay on 11th so you are away from some of that traffic.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

JTraveler111,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was able to take care of all your needs while you were.

As far as your assessment of the hotel, we couldn't agree more with you. We definitely have a unique feel that is not your typical hotel, but we always try to treat our customers right every time they come and stay.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Phoenix!!!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Stayed just one night following a concert at the Gila River Arena next door. We've stayed here before and have been to the bar and restaurant on site and this stay was very good as usual. Grounds and rooms are clean and modern and the staff is helpful and friendly. Had a room that faced west towards the freeway with no balcony, but it was away from the elevators and on a short hallway so it was nice and quiet. Bedding and amenities are good.

This stay was exceptionally good following a room-service mixup. We ordered two meals for breakfast and when they arrived the person who brought them up didn't check them, so when we opened them we found out that one was a completely wrong meal and was missing an item. Rather than have them remake the correct meal, I just called down and told them of the mistake and asked them for the missing item (which never arrived). The food was good and there was enough so it wasn't a big deal. However, when we checked out I was going to bring it to the attention of the staff and as I did, I was informed that it was already brought to their attention and that they had comped the breakfast. Great service! What could have really been a negative was turned into a positive by a quick and gracious response by the staff!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
RenGlenAZ, Manager at Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Jay O,

Thank you for the feedback. We're sorry about the mix up on your room service order, but glad that in the end you were satisfied with the resolution. The next time you come we promise to get it right!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Marriott Platinum. Booked one night for a staycay to watch a concert next door. Complimentary upgrade to corner suite was ready upon arrival at 2:30. Valet was slow to the draw but check in was professional and seamless. Great room with tons of space - almost too much. Separate living room with dinette, wet bar and another TV are your entry point. Bath with jetted tub that is close to the bedroom and bed. Single vanity and stand alone shower are separated by a door from the toilet. Room was clean, comfortable and very quiet. Exploring the grounds the next day revealed a beautiful outdoor pool area, indoor year round pool area, another spa only pool area and a gym that rivals many neighborhood clubs. Coffee/snack space, a bar and a full service restaurant that served a great buffet breakfast. All in all it was a great stay and we realized that you could make this hotel a long weekend destination to enjoy the spa/pool on site and the shopping and dining nearby. Would stay again without hesitation.

Joski69,

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay and that you would come visit us again in the future. We look forward to having you back...

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

They do not care about their customers. According to them, the customer is always wrong. I'm stuck here with no money and my bank account on hold because of them, and they have only been rude to me. We're at a low vision conference with people who cannot physically see signs. So, this is bigger than what happened to me.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Tammy J,

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with your card at the front desk. I will follow up with our Front Office Staff to see if there is anything that we can do to rectify the situation.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Stayed here for three nights to take in a rock concert and some other destinations in Phoenix. The hotel is nice with all one would need to be comfortable. The rooms was more than adequate; clean, comfortable, and in good condition. WiFi is $6.95/day and garage/valet parking $15.00. A great place to stay if attending an event at the Gila River Arena or the University of Phoenix stadium. Beds are comfortable. Large screen LG flatscreen TV with Hulu and Netflix at no fee. Decent bar, restaurant, exercise facility, spa, etc.

dnreed,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take in the amenities around us for the show you attended at Gila River Arena. We hope that if you are in the Glendale area again that you stay with us!