“Not charged as menu priced”
Review of Applebee's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Applebee's
Ranked #243 of 638 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 September 2015

I went in at lunch time and asked if I could get the two for lunch special and requested two soups as opposed to some more costly item. The manager said no problem. I NEVER imagined it would be a dollar more than the menu listed price when I did not even get an entree. I will save my money and buy my soup at another establishment in the future because I felt cheated

Reviewed 9 May 2015

Had lunch with a couple of friends today at this Applebee's. Got seated right away and got our drinks brought out first. Then, she (Michelle) took our order and there were no mistakes. The manager dropped by and we had about 15 minutes of his time to just discuss several different subjects. They had a small problem with getting their lemonade to taste right. My good friend Andy had 3 different glasses of lemonade brought to him before they seemed to get it right. My meal included two different soups and a house salad. The chili which counted as one soup was very, very, good. Not to spicy and very tasty. If they could straighten out the refills strategy, they would get an improved grade. Don't want to be picky, but the customer should not have to ask for a refill more than twice. They get a A+ for quality of food, A+ for reasonable pricing, but a C for the Service area. I recommend this restaurant and I will return.

Reviewed 5 February 2015

It was Halloween. We wished to escape the neighborhood and we had a gift card, so Applebee's it was.
Oct. 31 turns out to be a good night to eat out. The restaurant was busy but not overcrowded so the wait time was not long. The wait staff was having fun with the date, and our server was a 'Candy Corn Girl'. We also met 'Crispy Bacon'. Not sure if they were food-themed on purpose, but they were cute and fun, and the service was good. They didn't even mind when we changed tables so we didn't have to sit under the very cold vent.
We ordered a main course chicken salad and a bourbon steak. Everything was done the way it was supposed to be and the food was served hot. Plus we kept the dinner cost down under the gift card by using the 2-for-$20 menu, which was new to us. We like this idea, as the portion sizes are more suited to us and the cost is reasonable. Beverage and dessert are not included, but that was OK, too. There are two other meal plans offering different choices, so there is something for almost everyone. The decor has changed since we last were there and much of the clutter is gone. This results in an opener cleaner feel, which was more relaxing.
Always the bathrooms are clean and the parking close in and convenient.
This night Applebee's was a treat and we were glad to miss the Tricks.

Reviewed 21 January 2015

Visited yesterday. Took almost 10 min for someone to recognize us and wipe off the table after we were seated in the bar area (open seating). While we were not originally assigned to Connie's section, she did a great job at taking care of us and continued to do so. While I rated the service as terrible, it was not based on her. The rest seemed preoccupied with which each other.

Happy Hr food was not as good as other Applebee's and my first drink was skimpy on the quantity.

Guess the strongest review is that I had the chance to go back again tonight and drove someplace else. Sorry Connie, but thank you!

Reviewed 12 November 2014

They said wait would be half hour but it was abt 15 min. Got a table in the bar and Rachel was our server and she did a good job. Drinks ordered (special on Sangria was $3.75)Hubby ordered the 7 oz steak on the "Vets Menu" and I ordered the chicken/brocolli Alfredo. About 15 min. later Rachel comes out and says they just ran out of the Alfredo noodles and would I like penne. It really didn't matter to me so I said sure. 10 min. later food comes out and mine was a big bowl of penne with chicken and brocolli-plenty. Hubby tho said his steak wasn't flavorful-it wasn't a good cut of steak and it came with brocolli which he won't eat so I got that. After mentioning this to me he said it was the same last year!! We could have gone to any number of places for Veterans Day dinner. We almost chose Olive Garden. Next year we will.