“Mr.”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Love the "Q" here. Smoked turkey is to die for. Ribs and other meats just as good. I can't understand why this place isn't packed all the time?

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

I have lived about 2 miles from this place since it was opened in the late 90’s and finally stopped for dinner last night with hubby. I had pulled pork with coleslaw and Mac and cheese. He had beef brisket, beans and French fries. Our meals, including the cornbread were only lukewarm. The pork was moist and the beef was dry. There was no hint of smoky flavor nor was there any taste of a rub.
The server was friendly and answered our questions but his apron was well stained with what looked like grease. Never again.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Was ok, nothing stands out, had the pulled pork sandwich with beans and coleslaw, price was fair, l would come again to try something different.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I tried the rib/chicken combo. Was it not good, no it was fine, but for the price, the platter was lacking value. Would I return, probably not since I was from out of town and there are so many more choices in town I would try before returning. If Thee Pitts was in a small town with less competition, then I would rate them higher.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

This place is not very good. We went because of their appearance on Diners, Drive-in's and Dives. Three of us went. Here is the rundown of what we ate: The brisket was old and dry. It was left uneaten. The Mac n cheese was average. It was left mostly uneaten. The chicken wings were good, but they were not smoked or spicy as the waitress said they would be. They were just fried wings. The grilled vegetables were good. The meatless Q sandwich was enjoyed by the vegetarian of the group. The chili was decent, made better by adding BBQ sauce. The sauce was the best item served. The famous cornbread was very dry, but edible if you smeared it with the honey butter. The brisket was, without doubt, the worst item we had so this would not be a place I would revisit or recommend for BBQ. If you want fried chicken wings and grilled vegetables, this may be the place for you.