“Sizzling rice soup made a great lunch!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yao Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 480 Restaurants in Gilbert
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 4 February 2018

We stopped for quick lunch somewhere between a visit to the dentist and a trip to Costco. We shared a large bowl of sizzling rice seafood soup. It was excellent.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

We chose this place because of its location and high ratings. Our new study group was located just a mile away, nice! Friendly staff and management, clean looking as was also the bathroom. We hadn't eaten Egg Foo Young in quite some time so ordered it with pork. It was better than excellent, large portions appear to be the rule here. My wife and I felt it was one of the best we have ever eaten. Next we ordered from the vegetable menu, egg plant in spicy garlic sauce and added sliced pork (Additional $2 charge) and were blown away by the quantity of meat added! It was delicious but the pieces of tender flavorful egg plant were twice the size they should have been, losing them a half point off their near perfect score,.and therefore a 4 star rating as Tripadvisor doesn't score half points. Yes I will return again and, yes I will tell my friends and family about their great oriental food.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We try to visit Yao every time we get to Gilbert since they have great Chinese Food and they did not disappoint as usual. Ordered Mongolian beef, pork chowmein, fried shrimp, sweet-and-sour pork, and potstickers. As always it was excellent, you can’t go wrong.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Tasty food at good price.My favorite, potstickers,spring rolls, Mongolian beef.
Whe i get a cold ,i pick up Won ton soul add lemon and pepper.......cold feels better.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

If you have never been here before, let me just put your order in for you. For an appetizer, get the Crab Puffs. The Fried Shrimp is also very good. For your meal, the Spicy Honey Chicken is incredible. My hubby is a fan of their Chicken Fried Rice. Bonus Tip: ask for the house mustard. It is much better than the mustard in a packet. Yum!