“Take Some Time to Go Back in Time”

Gilbert Historical Museum
Ranked #9 of 37 things to do in Gilbert
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore not only Gilbert's history, but attend exhibit openings, programs, and events at this emerging arts and culture center in the heart of Gilbert!
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Amazing and interesting organized museum filled with deep town history and fun surprises. Friendly locals work there who are informative and helpful. The person working there explains the layout of the place and gives you a map. On the back of the map, for each room there was a question activity and you could find the answer. I went the first week of April when there was a quilt exhibit, there was quilts featured in every room and on the walls. In one room, they had laid out the layers of the quilt and showed how the quilt is put together. I liked seeing the different ways and styles of quilts amongst Gilbert's heritage. My favorite room was the clothing room and the wedding dress worn by 4 generations of women. I recommend getting to know the foundations of the town you're visiting. Also, there are events at the museum, sometimes at night.

All reviews
"housed"
"volunteers"
"activity"

Reviewed 28 February 2017

We live less than 1/2 mile from this little museum, but didn't make it a priority to stop in to visit until after living close by for 18+ years. It is a lovely, quaint environment. It was very enlightening to see how our wonderful city of Gilbert has evolved over time. Wish we hadn't waited so long to drop in and will definitely do it again!

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I toured the Gilbert Historical Museum. It's the old Gilbert School built in the early 1900'stages, was later converted to the school administration building and the historic building converted to a museum which contains school, civic, family life styles, military, fire, police and many pieces of farm equipment, etc. Very nice people running the museum.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

The Gilbert Historical Museum is a treasure-filled adventure for anyone who has lived in Gilbert, or those who are just traveling through. The many artifacts give the visitor a look into the past and for those who have questions, the volunteers who work there are very knowledgeable. I have lived in Gilbert for almost 20 years, passed the museum on many occasions, and never bothered to stop, although I was always curious. I finally said, "That's it! I'm stopping to see what this town is all about." I'm so glad I did - and you will, too!