“Comfortable and clean stay”
Review of Travelers Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
and 1 more site!
Travelers Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Douglas
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have participated in the Douglas Arizona 6 Day Ultra Marathon race on several occasions, my experience at the Travelers Motel has always been quite good, Managers Roger and Betty are very friendly and very helpful ensuring sure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable. The rooms are clean, quite and comfortable, a few miles from downtown Douglas. You amble parking, wifi. Reasonable rates. I would recommend staying at the Travelers Motel. Thank you Roger and Betty for your excellent service and care at the Douglas Travelers Hotel!

Room Tip: We enjoy the bottom western side of the hotel, though all the room locations are nice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank JohnRadich

Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed here for a week recently, and found the motel to be quite adequate. It's older, but well cared for and recently redecorated. The microwave, refrigerator worked fine. A coffee pot w coffee, creamer, sugar are available for longer staying guests by request. The beds were comfortable and everything was very clean and neat. The owners/operators are warm and welcoming. They couldn't have been nicer! The Spice Cafe on the corner is run by them, and we had the best breakfast there of anyplace we ate at during our stay in Douglas. When we go back to Douglas we plan to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank jan d
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I spent a night at the Traveler's Motel lately and found it to be clean, if somewhat worn in places. However, the air conditioning worked fine in hundred degree heat, The room was fairly spacious and the bathroom was spotless. There is a Chinese restaurant up the street and a convenience store almost next door. The lady at the desk was very nice. If the Indian restaurant that's part of the establishment had been open for dinner, I would have been even more satisfied. For a low priced motel, it was a good experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Carey G
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I've stayed at the Travelers 3 times within the past year. The first was not so bad. It was up to par with a motel 6. The second stay, I found a few long black hairs, and the room was crappy but I let it slide cuz Im not too much of a germiphobe. However, I went last week and our room was filthy nasty. The floor/carpet was so sticky we had to wash our feet and keep our shoes on all night. Too bad we only brought flip flops. They need to get the carpets cleaned and vacuum them Every day. There were dead bugs falling from the lamps. Everything was dusty and I saw a few stains. It definately looked like a place where drug addicts partied. In the shower, I found a long black hair on the outside of the shower curtain, I dismissed it because I knew it wouldn't touch me, however there must have been another one because as I was towelling off, I discovered a long black hair stuck to my leg. Disgusting. On the good side, the tv works and you get local channels. They are a nice couple and their restaurant "The Spice Cafe" is delicious, but they definately need to either hire more help or put more of an effort into taking care of the rooms.

Room Tip: I guess ask for a freshley cleaned room, but I don't really know what to tell ya. Good Luck!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Shanksta P
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I'm not sure why this place got a number one review for Douglas. It makes me very skeptical of the reviews that I've read now. We checked out and went somewhere else. If we were only staying overnight, the price is right, but I had to put toilet paper down on the seat before I would use it and I washed Ll of the door knobs and lights switches off before I wanted to touch them.
The owners are so nice!

Room Tip: Business center is in the office but doesn't have a printer? Lol
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business