“Good for an overnight stay”
Review of Travelers Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
and 1 more site!
Travelers Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Douglas
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I'm not sure why this place got a number one review for Douglas. It makes me very skeptical of the reviews that I've read now. We checked out and went somewhere else. If we were only staying overnight, the price is right, but I had to put toilet paper down on the seat before I would use it and I washed Ll of the door knobs and lights switches off before I wanted to touch them.
The owners are so nice!

Room Tip: Business center is in the office but doesn't have a printer? Lol
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Diane C

Reviewed 19 May 2011

Stayed here one night; haven't stayed at any other hotels in Douglas, so I can't compare. The Travelers was a standard budget room. No frills, but free wifi that seemed quite fast. Clean enough for this bachelor and friendly service.

The only minor complaints I might have is that the showerhead in my room (103) was about shoulder level on my 6 foot frame. That and the ice machine required a quarter to use.

But for my $35 rate, I can't complain much.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank JRZelazny
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Travelers Motel is an easy to get to motel in Douglas,AZ and perfect for our Birding Trip
to White Water Draw at the end of January 2011. Very reasonable rates, clean, quiet rooms with plenty of space and a convenient restaurant right next door called The Spice Cafe. How can you find fault with that combination??

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandpiper07
Reviewed 18 October 2010

In the first week of October 2010, myself and two of my employees stayed at this motel for 5 days and nights. I was very surprised at the cleanliness and comfort of this motel. We had (2) two bedroom rooms with a microwave, refridgerator,cable tv and comfortable beds. And the price was half of what the new Best Western charges. Also we ate breakfast one morning at their new cafe. The Spice Cafe as it is called. The food was excellent and we received a discount for being guests at the motel, which made the price very affordable. Now this is not a 5 star hotel by any means, but as far as Douglas, Az. goes this is your best bet. Don't be afraid to give this place a chance, we did and we were very happy with that choice.
All the best, Joe @ ASAP Concrete ( ----------- )

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank ASAPConcrete
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Traveler's Motel is a great place to stay. The proprietors (Roger and Betty) take pride in their motel and it shows. The simple friendly rooms are very well maintained, and best of all, very, very clean. The prices are very reasonable, and much more economical than the the bigger motels.
***BEST OF ALL is the new SPICE CAFE just next door. Spice Cafe serves some of the best Indian cuisine I have ever tasted. What a treat to find such healthy, high quality Indian food in Douglas, AZ. Don't miss Traveler's Motel on your next trip to Douglas, Arizona.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo