All reviews hot tub nice pool red rocks middle of town sedona jerome valley fridge
Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

Sweet little gem of a mom-and-pop motel on a hill with a great view of the Red Rocks without the Sedona prices! Cute little town nearby has all kinds of restaurants with reasonably priced food,boutiques, galleries and antique stores. The room was clean and quaint with rose bushes out front of our door and our dog was welcome. What a great place!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2016

My truck broke down and I had to spend the night in Cottonwood, AZ. I arrived via tow truck at about 10pm on a Monday and found that the View Motel was the only place in Cottonwood that had a room available that would accept my small dog. The property is very old, but it appears that they have tried to maintain it. Although there were virtually no amenities, my room was very clean and the bed was fairly comfortable. Although I most likely would not seek this property out if I were to stay in Cottonwood again, I also would not be afraid to stay there as a woman alone.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2016

OK place. Great view. Room was reasonably clean, a bit run down, large, mattress somewhat hard & old but not terrible. Some of parking lot is unpaved. Neighbor lived in room & exterior stunk of cigarettes but inside room was ok. A little expensive for the type of place it was, but not terrible. If we stayed a few days and enjoyed the view it might be worth a bit more than other mom & pop places in town. It was up off the main road so quiet location, but still had one rude person honking their horn early in the morning, I guess to get someone living at the motel to come out of their room.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2016

We stayed here from Feb. 18/02/2016 - 20/02/2016. This Motel was originally owned by Lucille Ball's brother Fred. It is still in the family and currently owned by her niece. It has been nicely updated and is well cared for. The staff has excellent customer skills and we were treated wonderfully.
They found us a great service garage for our truck who also treated us the same way while we were there. If you were my best friend, I would recommend this Motel to you. We would definitely stay there again and again!

Room tip: All rooms overlook the valley across to the mountains. You'll love it!
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

Being close to Sedona everything is more expensive. Best Western - Quality Inn - all the chains charge a premium because they are close to Sedona. Since we typically get to a hotel late and we don't like paying a premium just to sleep we looked for alternative to the major chains. After reading the reviews on the View we decided to give a budget motel a try. It was good but there was one unadvertised problem - the pool was closed for the season. We discovered this at check-in. We choose the View based on reviews and also because it had a pool/hot tub with a view. We were disappointed to find it closed.

As far as the place. It's an older style motel where you park in front of you unit. All units are ground floor. Ours had 2 queen beds. They were clean and comfortable. The floors were Pergo and not carpeted. I get Pergo, as it lasts a ton longer and is easier to clean. I just like carpet though, as it's warmer. The paint was fresh and the bathroom bright and clean. Windows were older aluminum but locked. Window coverings kept out the light but there were no sheers so it was either no outside light or no privacy. The room had a refrigerator and a microwave. It did not have an alarm clock. There was a newer flat panel TV in the corner.

Our only other complaint would be the WiFi. We had a terrible time connecting in room 118. Not sure what was up but we wound up using cellular on the phone instead of the motel's WiFi.

There is no breakfast at this motel.

For $68 (AAA rate including tax) you get a decent and clean room in the Sedona area. It's a good deal.

Date of stay: November 2015