“Good flavors....”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

They bring you chips and four different dips to start. a traditional red salsa, which had an unusual flavor, a bean dip, a spicy green chile dip, and a sour cream/ranch sort of dip. I think I would have just preferred a big bowl of traditional salsa. We both had the #1 combo which included a tasty cheese enchilada with red gravy, a tamale that had a large amount of tasty pork inside, a chile relleno that battered but not crisp, and maybe just a tiny bit of cheese in in, but, the flavor was good, and a beef taco. The corn tortilla was very soft and kind of fell apart, wish it would have been crispy. The ground beef was a bit dry, as well. This platter also had a pork chili con carne which we had with red gravy, and the flavor was fantastic! Refried beans and tasty rice on the plate, and the brought out a cinnamon sugar soft sopaipilla to round out the meal. Very good service, and a huge portion. I would have liked something crispy on the platter, so next time I'll try the flautas.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Went out to eat with some friends that wanted authentic Mexican. It was a short wait and there is plenty of seating. The chips comes with a variety of dips including the normal salsa. Ordered cheese enchiladas with beans and rice. It was very good, just normal Mexican food. At the end we had warm sopapillas which are delicious. Lastly, the service was very good.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We can't imagine how so many patrons gave this place such a good review. It took over a hour to get seated and our food. The 2 tacos were cold, the flour tortilla for the burrito was gummy. The green and red salsa were good.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This is my second visit here. My family members who live in Mesa and Tempe come here often, and they love it. The place is very popular so be prepared to wait, but they move people through quite well. It has a nice energy to it without being too noisy.

The food is very good, starting with fresh chips served with two salsas, a bean dip, and ranch dressing. The red salsa is particular good! Our family ordered an array of enchiladas, tacos, tamales and fajitas. Everyone enjoyed their meal, particularly if it included the Hatch green chili on or in the dish! My only down note about my food was the tamale — the meat seemed a bit dry and not very flavorful and the sauce over it wasn’t noteworthy.

Our server was not the best. He seemed to be very rushed and was inattentive as a result. We asked for the chips and salsa to be refilled and for some reason he brought us chips with the bean dip and ranch dressing but no salsa. There were a couple other missteps, but not enough to detract from our overall enjoyment.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

This is one of the most authentic New Mexico Mexican restaurants in town. They have many dishes made with Hatch Green Chili, and you can get hot or mild in any of the dishes.

They offer about 10 lunch combos that include chips and 4 different dipping sauces, a drink, and a sopapilla for desert for less than $8. I will recommend going early because this place fills up quick at lunch.

If you're a chilihead like me, then you'll love this place.

Date of visit: February 2018