All reviews fairfield inn lobby bistro front desk phoenix chandler fashion center office building seems fairly comfortable bed newer property lots of restaurants nice lobby extra towels comfortable stay fitness room easy access nice property spring training rooms are clean
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Stayed one night, prior to a conference in Phoenix.

The hotel has been recently renovated, and is clean, modern, and quite nice looking.

Plenty of parking, the lobby is big and clean. There is tons of space to sit with the laptop, or a paper, or just relax in the lobby.

The room was spotless, modern and the bed was comfortable.

The shower was a stand-up shower with glass doors! This is so much nicer than having to wash yourself while touching a shower curtain.

Unlike many hotels, the shower head was actually above my head (I'm 6'2") and water pressure was adequate. So many hotels have shower heads that are way too low, and/or very low water pressure. This was a lovely aspect. (As you can tell, a good shower is important to me.)

My room also smelled nice! They had clearly sprayed a scent in the room after cleaning. I don't know if that is normal or not, but it was pleasant, and not overpowering. Not everyone will like this, but I don't know if this is done every time or not. Worked for me though.

Easy to get to, right off 202, if you need to go anywhere in Chandler or Gilbert, this is easy to get there via freeway.

About the only thing that wasn't perfect was the breakfast. The bistro breakfast wasn't bad, but I definitely wouldn't have breakfast (ie, eggs) there again. Better off even just going to a starbucks with their quick serve breakfast stuff, or even better a sit down breakfast joint.

I've had salads at other Courtyards which were much better, so this may just be an eggs/breakfast thing.

Overall, no complaints. The Courtyards are never high end luxury places, but if you need to just do a quick trip for a couple days, the quality and consistency is always top notch.

I do tend to stick to Marriott's where available, and I've had nothing but good experience with this chain.

Also, someone who was clearly a manager/owner happened to be on the elevator with me, and asked how the stay was. Small thing, but it's always a good sign that the person running the place is soliciting feedback directly.

Would definitely return again when in Chandler or Gilbert.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank AndrewInTucson
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for a couple days and enjoyed the proximity to the freeway and the many restaurants nearby. The room was very clean and the bed was quite comfortable. Having a microwave and refrigerator in the room was helpful. The bar/ cafe area in the lobby is a nice touch. We had a nice glass of wine each night we were there.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

As you can tell by my title that this isn't one of my favorite Marriott hotel. It needs a facelift. But it's close to the mall and lots of restaurants. The gym is small but functional.

They have a restaurant and bar that is decent. They serve drinkable wines and beers. The breakfast is not included.

The rooms were typical Marriott that looks outdated. The bathrooms were decently cleaned. Overall a true 3 star. Decent.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 30 September 2017

Anthony L,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard Phoenix/Chandler Fashion Center!

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the close proximity to the Chandler Fashion Center. We recently completed our all room renovation at the end of August and we are excited to show you our new look when you are back in Chandler!

Thank you for your continued loyalty,
Jacob Fullerton
Dual Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 26 September 2017

First I must tell you how great Fred was at the front desk. He greeted us like he new us, checked to see if we wanted water because it was so hot outside and he gave us incredible service. He was so professional, friendly and was kind. He always greeted us with a smile each time we came thru the lobby. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends. The room was nice and clean, the hallways were wide, and the bathroom was very clean. If you're fussy about cleanliness and good service, this is the hotel for you. This hotel is very close to the mall which was nice-we didn't have to drive far to change the view or go out to eat. Also, the bed was wonderful. I slept so well.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd fl- 3 doors from the elevator- never heard the elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2017

The front desk agent was friendly and efficient as we checked in for our 3 night stay. We received one of the newly renovated rooms on the 6th floor. It featured a king bed and a curved sofa and was nicely decorated with southwest art and pops of turquoise against neutrals. We like (and always ask for) the desert and mountain view. The room was very quiet. We like the location due to its proximity to the Chandler Fashion Center and all the other shopping and dining nearby.

Room Tip: Request a room with the mountain and desert view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
ben S, Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Chandler/Fashion Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you are a returning guest and we hope that you choose us again in the future.