“A last minute stop”

Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Family restaurant in historic Cave Creek, AZ. Est. 1976 serving Fried Chicken, BBQ, Steaks and more in a Western atmosphere
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Reasonably priced food, service wasn’t bad at all. The pulled pork was pretty good! If you are looking for an extremely casual restaurant this is your place.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

In our mission try fish fry dinners we landed here last night. The fish was very good and I really liked the tartar sauce. Megan was our server and she was superb. It was busy but she was attentive and professional. There are lots of options on the menu and I know we will be back. I love the casual atmosphere and outdoor patio.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The broil fish is moist and has great flavor. Yes the French fries are very good. They don't come with the broil fish that comes with mashed potatoes and broccoli. My brother in law had the shrimp with is butterflied he said it was really good loved the cocktail sauce nice horseradish flavor.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

A nice laid back place with good service. Chicken is the thing to get here. The ribs are also good and of course so are the burgers.

They have Deuchuttes on tap which is also very yummy!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

My husband & I both had the pork ribs. They were very good. The cole slaw was really good too (& I'm very particular about my cole slaw). The sweet potato fries were just so-so. I knew there was an "up charge" for them, but thought it was only $1 when it was actually $2.95 extra. They were waffle fries, which aren't my favorite. Wish I had known that, so I would have ordered something else. My husband said his regular fries were delicious. If in the area, we would go back. Very interesting looking place.

Horny T, Manager at The Horny Toad, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hi 3Riverdays,

Thanks for the positive and candid review! We look forward to serving you again real soon:-)