“Utter disappointment”
Review of Desert River Kayak

Desert River Kayak
Reviewed 6 April 2018

It pains me to write this review because I went out of my way to try to bring this seemingly smaller operation some business. I made arranegments for a party of 5 to kayak down the Colorado River weeks in advance. I called the week before the trip to inquire about wet suits, but I also noted the day of the trip and the group size. I received a response to my inquiry days before the planned trip. The day of the trip....this company failed to appear at the rendevous point. The two teen girls that were eager to experience this spring break adventure were left completely disappointed, as were the three adults with them. The owner called soon after we headed back to Vegas, she profusely apologized and claimed that our party was simply not entered on the calendar. I found that extremely hard to believe. She offered to drive to the canyon and put us in the water for free, we declined. There isn't much to say, and I haved already speculated on the....truthfulness of her explanation, so all I will add is that people should be cautious with this company.

3  Thank dave4118
"arizona"
"locations"
"camp"

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Such an easy way to go have fun in the water. Excellent customer service. Clean facility. Priced is comparable to others in the area. Will be back.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

This was a great day trip in Bullhead City. Contacted Helen and reserved a day trip for myself and granddaughter; she made easy reservations for the following day. Upon arrival the following day, Amy left note letting me know she was going to be late, due to other groups running late. Amy was great, kind and fun. She gave us a lot of info on places to see in Bullhead City. Once we arrived by the Davis Dam, she helped us get ready and gave us her phone number. The Colorado River was crowded and full of jet skis' and she showed concerned for our safety. Amy told us to stay close to the Arizona side and take it slow. We went all the way to Rotary Park- took about 4 hours, but my granddaughter and I kayak the entire way and had a blast. Yes, there was a lot of jet skis' a lot of boats and rude people, trying to make us tip over, but the entire trip down the Colorado River was worth it. Upon our arrival at Rotary Park, we called her and she greeted us with a smile and took us back to our car. Amy was very professional and knowledgeable. We highly recommend this trip, but beware of the jet skis...stay close to shore....

3  Thank Santana57
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Helen was good to work with. Her knowledge of the Hoover Dam and the river was a great addition to our river trip. We put in just below the Hoover Dam and spent 2 nights on the Colorado river traveling down to Willow Beach Campground. We stayed both nights at Arizona Hot Springs (only place between the two points that has an outhouse). The night was hot but the early morning got cool enough to need a light blanket. The river was placid in the mornings but would run heavy when the Hoover Dam was releasing water in the afternoon. We had to move our camp a few times as the water levels rose 2-3 feet in the afternoon. Tie down your canoes/kayaks or they will float away when the water rises. Bring plenty of water and sun block! Fishing was terrible above Willow Beach but not bad at Willow Beach as they release trout there. Lots of fun will definitely do it again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 March 2017

We were looking so forward to this overnight canoe trip for months. The staff with Desert River Kayak were rude and full of excuses! They were 1 1/2 hour late picking us up at the designated spot at the start of the trip. The Van that picked us up had many maintenance lights on the dash. Oil, low tire, brakes. The driver was flying up and down the hills to get us to the drop off point on time. He was yelling at us to hurry up and load our stuff into the tailer. On the way, he gave us his "mandatory speech" about how to keep safe on the river. Some of us could hear, come not! At the Hoover Dam drop off point he kept yelling orders and telling us to hurry or we won't make our launch time. We did not have time to put our things in the dry bags until after the launch and getting away from the driver. He was late getting to the pick up site. We sat around for 1 hour after 2 days of paddling the river. He did not want to get his feet wet loading the boats and had us do all the water work. When a canoe floated away, did not even try to help us get it. The trip was awesome and we will be doing it again with another company.
Will never use them again!

3  Thank dwells4511