“Wow! Wow! Wow! 😃”

Double R Ranch
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Benson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: How do you summarize Double R Guest Ranch...we offer some of the best and most scenic horseback riding in Arizona. Our well trained horses will carry you over the same trails that famous Apache Indian Chiefs Geronimo and Cochise once rode. Double R Ranch offers exceptional horseback riding in the mountainous rugged Arizona terrain surrounding the ranch. Whether you’re an experienced rider or it’s your first time in the saddle, we’ll make sure you get exactly what you’re looking for! Beginners can enjoy a leisurely ride on the gentle trails surrounding the Ranch–and riders with more experience will have opportunities for different guided rides in the surrounding mountains. Many of our mountain trails will challenge even the most advanced riders. We have trail rides for beginners, intermediate and more advanced riders. If you are someone who seeks the adrenaline rush of a faster paced ride and don't want to ride "nose to tail", we offer fast rides where you will be loping (canter) and galloping, that will be sure to satisfy that urge. As one guest recently put it..."As children we dreamed it, as adults we lived it" at Double R Guest Ranch. Where the West once was and still is.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing must see place to experience. Trina and Ron were wonderful hosts. We took a morning ride through their beautiful landscape. Coming from the East Coast, we were amazed by the scenery. Not only were Ron, Trina and Gary experienced riders, but also are so knowledgeable about the area and it’s history. Riding with them was so peaceful. The horses were well behaved and each had their own personalities to love. Horses were paired perfectly with the different level of riders in our group. My daughter who is a more advanced rider was challenged in every way and my son who has never riden before was perfectly safe and happy alongside Trina. Both kids were engaged with their horses before riding and learned a lot about the operations of a ranch. If you haven’t been here yet, we highly recommend doing so. ✅

Ron S, Owner at Double R Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hi Denea!

Wow! Thank you for your amazing review!! It was great meeting and spending almost a week with your great family. We love sharing the Ranch with our guests and our time with your family was extra special. Haley is a very talented young rider and she did such a good job riding Catalina. They made a very good team. I can't wait to see some of videos she took! I hope she continues her riding and wish her luck in that pursuit.
Best regards to Ethan, Steve and Janet and we look forward to seeing all of you next year!

All reviews
"vantage point"
"beautiful scenery"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Have ridden horses in many places but at Double r ranch our experience was unlike many other places that just walk you around, coupled with complete knowledge or one of our guides Gary, we were given great tip on proper technique. Beautiful real ranch setting with people who truly love what they do. Great time had by all especially the guidance and care given to our 7 year old grandson.
All enjoyed this REAL RANCH experience

1  Thank stevedanie
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Double R Ranch's team, horses and the experiences they provide are honestly more wonderful than words could ever express. They are dedicated to providing utterly amazing, pleasurable and memorable experiences to their guests and do just exactly that! I am a traveling nurse and do not get to spend much time with my own horses back home these days, but Ron gave me the riding fix I so desperately needed as he accompanied me and my friend on the most marvelous 'fast ride' I've ever had the pleasure of taking part in since beginning my traveling career! I am already planning to return to AZ every other month or so specifically to visit Double R again and again in the future for the day-long/camping/dinner/overnight rides they offer. THAT is how incredible they are, THAT is how much I adore them! ♡

Ron S, Owner at Double R Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you Brittany for your spectacular review!!
We all enjoyed meeting you and Candice very much. I was so pleased to read how much you enjoyed our fast ride. It is certainly one of the more exciting rides we offer. You ride beautifully and I look forward to you experiencing more amazing trails here at the ranch. Good luck on your upcoming assignment and we cant wait for your return.,thank you again.
Ron

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We took a group of 7 out during Spring Break. The experience was great.
I highly recommend this outing to anyone looking for a great ride.