Jaz Lamaya Resort(Marsa Alam)
USD 233
USD 228
USD 68
USD 57
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 74/night.

USD 107
USD 96
  • Pool
USD 167
USD 123
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Jaz Dar El Madina(Marsa Alam)
USD 306
USD 210
USD 178
USD 170
Savings alert! 57% below average rates

The price you found is 57% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 396/night.

Aurora Bay Resort(Marsa Alam)(Great Value!)
USD 74
USD 47
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 61/night.

Utopia Beach Club(Marsa Alam)
USD 152
  • Breakfast included
Jaz Grand Resta(Marsa Alam)
USD 176
USD 116
  • Pool
USD 90
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsaqua parkamazing family holidayolympic poolhotel offerentertainment teamfishwaiters and bar staffbeach restaurantspent a week herered sea coastexcellent staypastareception areahotel managementsea viewa la carte restaurantspecial thanks
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We cannot fault the hotel and staff, they did everything they could to make us feel so very welcome.
We hope to return as soon as we need another break.
One can snorkel outside the reef as well as in a lagoon within the reef, there is a good variety of fish to be seen and a small pod of dolphins swam past one day. We also took the trip to Mangrove Bay for snorkelling.
There are activities organised by a wonderful entertainments team, join in or relax.

Room Tip: With such a beautifully designed layout, every room will have its charm.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
guestrelation2018, Guest Relations Manager at Club Calimera Akassia Swiss Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Sunny greetings from the Akassia Swiss Resort.
With great pleasure we have read in your review that you have spent a great holiday with us.
The team of the Akassia Swiss Resort would be very happy to welcome you for another stay with us.
Regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I spent a week here with my 15 year old daughter. We came to just get a bit of sun on our backs during the UK winter. We went in late February and used TUI to book through. Holiday cost me just under £1K for us both including flights, transfers and with reserved seats on the plane. It was all inclusive.

The hotel is unfortunately in the middle of nowhere. So there are no outside shops to visit. For my daughter this was a downside. But for me I wasn't too bothered as I find Egyptian shopkeepers overly pressurising anyway and not a pleasant shopping experience. There are several shops on site but none of them really interested me. A great service though was the diving centre where we rented snorkles, masks, flippers and life jackets for 25 Euros each for a 5 day period.

Thankfully the hotel complex is massive and has plenty to do for a week. Loads of pools and a water park. One of the pools is heated, and I mean proper heated. It was like a bath one day. This pool was the most popular by far as you can imagine and so the sun loungers weren't always easy to find in this area. However, we always managed to get them. The other pools had loads of empty loungers.

Our room had 2 double beds and although quite basic it was fine. Very clean (as is the entire hotel complex). Beds were a little too firm but didn't stop me sleeping. A free safe was a nice bonus as I hate paying extra for the safe. Our room was literally a stone's throw from the beach. The beach has plenty of loungers and parasols. There is a pool size area cut out of the reef just off the beach. This is netted of from the Red Sea to stop unwanted sea life. There were quite a few fish in this area which was great to see when snorkelling.

I didn't get to use the gym unfortunately as I didn't want to leave my daughter alone, but it looked really good and modern. I also didn't use the SPA (same building) but the prices seemed a bit steep anyway. SPA staff are often coming around the pool touting for business. I even got a free back massage on my sun lounger to try and lure me in LOL. Even so, the staff are never too pushy and were always very friendly.

This is a good time for me to mention that for me the most impressive thing about this hotel is the staff. Everyone is super friendly and helpful. Even the manager made an effort to speak to us on more than one occasion. The waiters and bar staff would always bring your drinks to your table in the bar and never expected a tip. Their English was usually very good too. When we stayed there were hardly any other UK residents. Most seemed to be German or Eastern block and the staff seemed to speak all these languages.

The worst down side of the hotel for me was there was very little going on in the evenings. The evening entertainment seemed to always be a disco for kids followed by a disco for the adults later. We did see an act on stage on the last evening but that seemed a bit average. This did force my teenage daughter to speak to me and we often played cards in the reception area where there is a bar and some small shops. This was the only place where we got any reasonable Wi-Fi signal too. The speed was only about 2 meg's but was a life saver when there was just me and my daughter and little entertainment.

But I want to end this review on a positive as the overall experience here was very very good. Quiet and relaxing, great food and exceptional service. I would definitely recommend this hotel as long as you're not expecting crazy nights and lots of shopping.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank StikeMannard
guestrelation2018, Guest Relations Manager at Club Calimera Akassia Swiss Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thanks for your review
With great pleasure we have read in your review that you have spent a nice holiday with us.
The team at the Akassia Swiss Resort would like to welcome you for a stay with us.
Best regards
Hotel management

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Arrival: We arrived around Midnight due to a delayed TUI flight, the hotel manager and staff were very welcoming and we were quickly checked into out rooms. We received some light refreshments in our room due to time we arrived .

Room , The architecture of the room was amazing , with red exposed brick in arabian style design. The showers were clean and overall the room was comfortable and suitable for a family of 3 . We stayed in room 1601 from the 14th of Feb which was located within 1 min walk to main restaurant , 3 min to the beach and 5 min or less to the beach restaurant.

Food : Overall the food was Good ,it would have been amazing if there was more flavour . There was variety and you could not go hungry anyone who says there is nothing to eat is crazy. The Breakfast was amazing , the omelettes were tasty the chefs always cooked according to our taste adding salt and pepper extra cheese. Tip, When you at a cooking station just ask for what you want, if you want you food well done just ask and they more than happy to meet your requirements.

There was a variety of food for breakfast including but limited to , hardboard eggs , sausage , potatoes , pancake/crepe station , fresh fruit , cereal / yogurt, all kinds of fresh breads , jams , and pastries galore.

Lunch was at the beach restaurant , where you could get all kinds of barbecued meat & seafood. Fries, salad, pasta station, dessert bar and stone baked pizza as well as various dishes from the buffet . Dinner was done alfresco which i loved , again with various cooking stations as well buffet meals , from indian to italian cuisine.

Tips if you like a little flavour grab the spices from the spice rack (Dinner) and ask them to add when you at a cooking station . Overall the food selection did not disappoint it was also not repetitive there was always something different .

Staff , The staff could not do enough from the bar staff, restaurant staff entertainment , hotel management, cleaners and gardeners were all warm and welcoming and helpful.

Beach/Entertainment/ , The beach was beautiful blue clear water , amazing coral reefs water cold in march which is to be expected in feb. You will be approached by Spa staff haggle don't take the price they give you if your british they do everything in euros i asked fo dollar equivalent as i had dollars. ( Take Euros or Dollars as there is not much british currency available)

The entertainment team were amazing , Hannah & Camilla of the kids Club my daughter misses you. Thank you for taking such good care of her. From painting, to pizza making , mini disco and face painting after a week my daughter won't stop talking about kids club. The Animation team especially Flash, Sam , Snoop, camilla and Hannah could not do enough , from the amazing and energetic performances to the beachside chats. The hospitality was amazing

February Weather, was hot with a breeze during the day and a bit chilli at night only a light jacket required . I am dark complexion and myself and family got a tan lol.

Grounds / waterpark/ Spa

The grounds and garden were kept immaculate , we even had a photoshoot in the gardens ,Please work with MIDO he amazing . MY daughter loved the water park and the junior swimming pool was heated

Conclusion
Dont hesitate book whether your a couple
Overall i loved the holiday unforgettable and memorable family holiday i can wait to return and next time i will do a video review. It's an amazing hotel and country . I can't thank Club Calimera Akassia Swiss Resort staff enough you were amazing .

To all the staff at Club Calimera Akassia Swiss Resort sending you endless peace, prosperity, and abundance, you are the some of the most hardworking people I have come across.

Can't wait to return at Christmas

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank D D
guestrelation2018, Guest Relations Manager at Club Calimera Akassia Swiss Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Sunny greetings from the Akassia Swiss Resort.
Thank you very much for your review here in holidaycheck.
Regards,

Reviewed 26 December 2017

We spent a week here in early December. When there is no wind - the weather is wonderful, the sun is warm, the water is pleasant. If there is wind, you need to look for a place to hide from it. On colder days, it's great to have a swim in the heated pool (there are two of them - one for children).
There were not a lot of vacationers - mainly German-speaking, less Italian, British, Polish, Czech.
I liked the food - but fruits and salads could have been more :)
It was very strange that there were no ice cream and cocktails for children when "all inclusive" (only for the money).
The area is clean and well maintained, many beautiful plants. The beach is great. There was lot of sun lounger by the sea, and by the pools. Water slides - great - for young children and for adrenaline lovers.
The visit to the Club Calimera was not a miracle, but did not disappoint us - we kindly spent week here.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Egidijus G
Management response:Responded 10 January 2018

Dear Guest
Greetings from Club Calimera Akassia
We are very happy to know that have liked your stay at Akassia, Thank you very much for your good comments on our heated pool, Beach area,Water slides
I am happy to know that you had an great relaxing overall stay .
We hope to welcome you again very soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 December 2017

I stayed there for one night due to a flight delay and we were told that it was a very upmarket 5* hotel. Almost every doorway/walkway opening was chipped/damaged and in need of repair, doors & restaurant seats were 'sticky', gardens littered, pool dirty, marks on room walls, room woodwork looked like varnished green tanalised, grout & silicon done by a blind man and generally dirty compared to our previous hotel in Coraya bay. There was a reasonable selection of food but not as good as our previous hotel and they charged extra for some of the drinks that were included at our previous all-inclusive hotel. On the plus side, the lobby night entertainment was some of the best I've seen in Egypt pushing it up to 2*. I guess there's a reason why Thomas Cook made us go there and you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amoorcro
ehab A, Manager at Club Calimera Akassia Swiss Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear guests,

First of all, we would like to thank you for booking our hotel for your holiday and many thanks for your motivating assessment. We appreciate the positive and critical feedback we have received from you.

This is an important and positive support for us to further expand our service for you and to improve it permanently.

We were really sorry that you were not completely satisfied with our service and if there had been some problems at the hotel, you could of course always send us your suggestions so we can improve the service. You can always contact us directly if you have any questions.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon as a guest in our hotel, so that we can have the opportunity to delete the negative experiences you have had in the hotel.
Best regards