My husband and I have been to Hawaii a number of times and it was our favorite place on earth but we just might have a new favorite! Our trip to Bora Bora was amazing! First off, let me say that if you are planning on going anywhere in the Pacific, use the travel agency "Pacific for Less!" They were wonderful! Our Travel Consultant was Jennifer Dillon. She really took the time to find out what was important to us in a vacation, booked the flights from LA, transfers between islands, a few restaurant reservations, excursions, spa appointments etc. many at discounted prices had we not booked via the agency. We felt well taken care of! We received an itinerary and reminders of where we were going, when and how to get there for the entire trip. There were people to greet you at the docks so you knew where to go. Awesome!
Regarding where to stay on Bora Bora, no question the St. Regis is your best bet. The people were so friendly and helpful. It is quite a large property so the staff will come pick you up from your hut in a golf cart whenever you would like. You just need to dial up and request it. But, even if you didn't they will often offer rides when they see you walking around the property. Re. the huts--they were the nicest lodging we have EVER stayed in! (and we have stayed in some really nice places). Spacious, great furnishings, wired for sound, killer views, heart shaped tub and rainforest shower.
Regarding the excursions, we highly recommend the Love Boat tour--a private boat tour with just you and your guide who takes you around the island, takes hundreds of pictures which you get on a CD, takes you to an AMAZING snorkeling spot and ends with drinking champagne out of a coconut! The water was so clear and blue. We saw many fish, sting rays and even a small shark (from the boat-don't worry, these sharks don' t attack). Our guide, who is a "local" also said that the St. Regis was the best place to stay on the island. Quite a recommendation.
A great place for dinner is Villa Mahana. Great French food and wine pairing! You need to take a boat ride to the main island but well worth it see what the island is like and the views.
Bora Bora also has the most beautiful sunsets we have ever seen. The whole sky turns a gorgeous pink. Breathtaking! Trip of a lifetime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive St. Regis Bora Bora is 44-acre island resort located in Polynesian paradise. Our elite accommodation features the 13,000 sq ft Miri Miri spa and Lagoon Restaurant by Jean Georges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- St Regis Hotel Bora
- St Regis Bora Bora
- St Regis Resort Bora Bora