“Trip of a Lifetime--Thanks to Pacific for Less” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Redondo Beach, California
“Trip of a Lifetime--Thanks to Pacific for Less”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

My fiance (now husband) and I enjoyed the trip of a lifetime in Bora Bora. We arrived and got in the morning, before our bungalow was ready and was treated like royalty. It was worth the wait- our bungalow had the most amazing view of the mountain (228) and was bigger than our own home! The staff at the St Regis goes above and beyond to ensure you have a smile on your face and you enjoy each minute you spend on their property.

There is so much to do we wish we could have had more time. We only left the resort property once for a trip to the Main Island. We kept ourselves busy, paddle boarding, snorkeling (Terry our guide was fantastic and very knowledgable), jet skiing, swimming off our bungalow, sailing and lot of napping in our fabulous air conditioned bungalow.

Karine our Wedding Coordinator the next day could not have done a better or more personalized job for us. She was amazing and we are so glad to have made a new friend in her. Nina the Front Desk Manager also did a great job ensuring we were happy and well taken care of. Who couldn't be happy in paradise and with a butler at your service at anytime?!

I would like to thank Claudia and her team at Pacific For Less for making this possible. I felt extremely confident that all the details were taken care of---and I was stress free. Pacific For Less is the way to go!

Extra thanks to Claudia for booking the VIP table at Villa Mahana (you must eat here- the best food we have ever eaten) and for the special touches on our trip.

The St. Regis in Bora Bora was the nicest resort I have had the pleasure of staying at and would recommend to anyone visiting French Polynesia.

Thanks again Pacific For Less!

The Kelleys

Room Tip: Book with Pacific For Less!
2 Thank MKEP4ever

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I took my wife here for our honeymoon and it couldn't have been any better. We were lucky enough to have a Superior Overwater Bungalow that was one of the last ones on the pier. Our views of Mt. Otemanu were great and we had an extra amount of privacy. The resort does a very good job of personalizing the experience and they try calling you by name. Also, they seem to have a great handle of the times you will be out of your room in order to perform housekeeping, lay flowers on the hotel bed, and/or leave wine and cheese platters. I feel like our travel agent, Jackie at Custom Tahiti, must have worked with the hotel to give our stay the magical touch I was hoping to offer my wife of one week!

Tips:
- Bring OFF or another mosquito repellant because paradise is not without those bugs.
- Most island restaurants are closed on Sunday so make your hotel dinner reservations well in advance for meals on Sunday.

Room Tip: The Superior Overwater Bungalows, while more expensive, provide more privacy and better views of the...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Hien L
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Service was excellent. Staff from In-Room dining, housekeeping, Spa, Butler services, were very accommodating, professional and friendly. Meals at the Sushi Take, Te Pahu and Lagoon restaurants were exceptional. Rooms were very spacious, clean and comfortable.
Concierge Marion Chatain was outstanding in arranging scuba and in town pearl shopping. Marion along with front office Manager Marc Pittman were exceptional in providing assistance to us in booking hotel accommodations for our return trip thru Hawaii.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rona A
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed six days in a "superior" over water villa. When we were first shown the suite, it took our breath away! Spacious and modern, yet totally Polynesian in style. Large spaces, private deck. Views were especially magnificent, the azure colored water backed by the mountain, and in the evening beautiful sunsets. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We will definitely go back for a taste of Heaven on Earth!

Room Tip: If you're booking an over water villa, some are quite a long walk from the central facilities...
1 Thank Oak_Arbour
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was the trip of the year (or even a lifetime) which my hubby and I had been looking forward to. We are from Singapore and the French Polynesian Islands are quite out of the way for us. But to be able to experience the island paradise just this once is more than worth our effort.

True enough, St Regis didn't disappoint. In fact, it exceeded our expectations in every possible way. Thanks to Jennifer from Pacific for Less (it wasn't difficult at all to deal with a travel agency based in another country and time zone at all! Jennifer's reply was always prompt. I suspect she sleeps with the computer next to her!), everything was smooth sailing right from the day we reached Tahiti to Moorea and to Bora Bora. In fact, we had a really fabulous over water bungalow in 107 (this was a complimentary upgrade), all breakfast inclusive, a complimentary 50 min Polynesian massage for two, and a romantic candlelight dinner, all for a very reasonable price.

We received a very warm welcome from Glen of St Regis the moment we arrived at our airport, and were promptly directed to the shuttle boat which brought us to the resort on the Motu. When we arrived, we had another round of warm welcome from our butler Moetini who offered us cold towels and drinks, and gave us a tour of the resort on the buggy. The resort compound is sprawling and I was completely blown away (our last resort was Hilton Moorea which just couldn't match up to St Regis). When we arrived outside our OWB, I couldn't believe how huge the bungalow was, with such a fabulous view of Mt Otemanu and the passing clouds. Lagoon was a deep blue and the sky was clear. I knew then that was paradise (minus the humid hot weather ;P) and it was exhilarating to know that I have a villa fit for a king for the next few days.

The bungalow was extremely clean and well-maintained. Good design of the outdoor decks/jacuzzi which maintained privacy. I love the colours of the furnishing - shades of pink, red, and green. Very cheerful colours. Separate HUGE living/dining and bedroom. Huge bathroom with a nicely sized bath tub. 2 floor glass panels (one big one in the living room, a small square one in the bathroom) with lovely fishes swimming in the waters beneath. The bungalow was tidied twice a day - once in the morning (usually while we were out), and another evening turndown (with complimentary bottled water and a tin of different flavoured cookies each night). I like St Regis's efforts at promoting the Polynesian culture. The staff left printed postcards of the different Polynesian gods on the bed each night at evening turndown. As for room choice, I will think that those facing the Mt Otemanu will have a much nicer view with sunset. Some of the deluxe villas can be really far out in the resort, so will probably need to rely on the buggy or free bicycles on rent in the hotel to get around.

Resort was sprawling as i said earlier, which gave it a really exclusive feel as you hardly see other guests around except at breakfast time when we gather in the main restaurant. There is a nice lagoonarium within the resort if you do not want to go the the main lagoonarium/fish parc (near Le Meridien). It's my first snorkeling trip and I was happy enough to just snorkel around in the lagoonarium. I saw a lot of colourful fish, and 2 big Napoleons. One can also snorkel off the deck of the OWB. I even saw a few stingrays. But for some reason, the fish seems to disappear from around my OWB after a heavy rain one night.

Miri Miri Spa is also a nice experience. I like the massage oil made from the Tiare flower.

Restaurants experience - We tried all three restaurants as we were too lazy to take the boat trip to the main island (except one night when we went to La Villa Mahana). Sushi Take is the Japanese restaurant. Not knowing what to expect in terms of food portioning, we ordered the combo meal as well as a Ebi Tempura to share.... and that was a LOT of food for two of us. Food quality was good. The Lagoon restaurant is the award winning restaurant - reserve ahead of time and you may be able to get one of the 4 tables set on the outdoor deck with a nice view of the lagoon and the fish at night when the lights are switched on (I did not heed Jennifer's advice on this, and regrettably, did not manage to get a terrace table when I made my reservation on my day of arrival). Service was superb. Food was delicious. We particularly enjoyed the fish dishes. The fish tastes so fresh! Expect to pay about USD150-200 for 2 for a three course meal (without wine). The complimentary dinner arranged by my travel agency was by Te Pahu restaurant. It was supposed to be a candlelight dinner by the beach but unfortunately, it was really windy so we had no choice but to have it indoors instead. My initial disappointment gave way to sheer delight when the food arrived. Presentation was good. Food flavour, seasoning etc was just perfect!

I find the staff also somewhat friendlier than those at Hilton Moorea. Not really sure why. They are always stopping by to say Hi or greet us with smile. The club lounge at St Regis was also really impressive and is accessible to all guests. They have coffee and tea facilities with cookies in the lounge, plush sofa and three computers with complimentary internet access. There are also free shuttle boats to the main island ferry terminal with twice a day complimentary shuttle bus to the town. The driver can also make a stop at Bloody Mary's on the way.

On the last day, the resort offered us a late check out till 430pm with timing just right for our shuttle boat trip to the airport. All this arranged for us for our convenience, without requiring any prompting from us.

Anyway, if you are still following my extremely lengthy review, you will know that I just can't find any significant fault with this hotel (except some minor dissatisfaction with the quality of the bath products). It was indeed pricey but it was money well spent. After staying here, I think I will have difficulties finding another resort that can match up to the standards or the scenery. A trip to FP is not cheap. And precisely for that reason, we might as well just splurge on the best and have the memories to last a lifetime. ;)

Room Tip: Choose villas facing Mt Otemanu.
3 Thank SGlobe_trotter