All reviews coral gardens macaroons restocked daily the free mini bar overwater bungalow fish the main hotel our honeymoon other resorts lookout point romantic dinner baby sharks tour boats fresh coconut water coconut drink marara beach french polynesia
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

This is our 6th week away from Home, pre booked for us though our travel agent.
A few days to catch up with ourselves relax before going home. An extraordinary fun experience a hotel room in the sea, private access to the sea for swimming and snorkling (snorkel provided in room). Lots of activities can be booked for you at reception. The rooms are large with patio doors opening to a deck and your steps into the sea. Sun lounges on deck, 2 chairs and table light for after dark. Air condioning and a mainly French channel TV. Shower room toilet and two hand basins with refreshed daily shower essentials. Two huge umbrellas free to use if raining season like it is now. Pick your time carefully if you want sunshine look at June to September but research first.
There is a boat that will taken you to the main island complimentary and bring you back if course. On the main island there is other restaurants you can use. The boat picks you up from Tahiti airport and takes you back to Tahiti airport.
When we arrived to the island we were greeted by a flower lei a coconut drink and was a lovely experience. I would definitely come again and recommend to others. All the staff here make your stay as easy and as nice as possible, nothing is to much trouble and with a welcome smile beautiful.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lesley H
DOSMHV, General Manager at Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Ia Orana and thank you for sharing your experience in Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island ! We are very delighted that you had a Magnifique and unique stay in our little piece of paradise. We hope to welcome you back soon ! Mauruuru !

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Thank you to Anne,the general manager and her entire team in Sofitel to make this week memorable,easy and smooth.Try the traditional dish like the “poisson crus” and enjoy the french crepes at breakfast...Get lost in your toughts looking at the variance of blue and grey of the lagon...You can also swim and asmire the corail in the corner of the hotel.Ideal place to relax and chill.Great spot for snorkling and diving too.Un grand Merci and I will be back...

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
H0564GM, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Ia Orana, it is a real pleasure to read your comment. We hope to welcome you again soon. Nana.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We had a bungalow over the water. There room is large, with a comfy bed but perhaps a the comforter was a little heavy for the heat. There really is a glass hole in the floor to view the water. Lovely bath with fab tub. Mini fridge and coffee/tea makings. You have a covered deck w/table and chairs and a sunning deck with loungers as well as steps into the water & outdoor shower to rinse off the salt water. we took adapters but there was a US plug and USB for charging.

We were greeted with leis and a coconut water drink. There was Champagne in the room. Snorkel & mask were provided and we loved snorkeling from off our deck. You are able to borrow fins as well and borrow a kayak. We got a great off-season deal via Costco travel and opted for the meal plan (breakfast buffet & 3-course dinner) which was all the food we needed and saved us a lot. The package included a bottle of wine plus 2 sodas, 2 beers, & 2 juices per day which was also a money saver. We opted to add a romantic dinner which included sunset champagne on the hill and dinner on the beach with Tahitian dancers, special menu & pearl. My husband had the lobster in a cream vanilla sauce that he went bonkers for. Because we were their to celebrate our 28th Anniversary, they surprised us by setting up a table for another romantic dinner near the waterfall off the bar.

a couple of notes, their summer is hot and humid. we didn't need bug repellent until we went up the hill to the more forest area. there is nothing on the private island so you'll need to take a boat to the main island hotel (free) to get anything you've forgotten.

The staff was amazing. They came to know us by name and treated us so well, we felt truly special. I struggle with physical limitations and they were very accommodating.

Five nights were not enough. Therefore, we hope to return next year and visit some of the other islands (vanilla producing and pearl tour).

Room Tip: 112 is in the middle of 3, fartherest from reception. We felt it was most private & water deep enough your feet don't touch.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
DOSMHV, General Manager at Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Ia Orana Lisa and thank you for sharing your experience in Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island ! We are very delighted that you had a Magnifique and unique stay in our little piece of paradise. We hope to welcome you back soon ! Mauruuru !

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Nice decoration, give you a luxury feeling when you walked into the Bungalow. I left my patio door open, No mosquitoes! The whole island is like a beautiful garden. On the top of the hill, has several viewpoints. The restaurant has 270° ocean views. Breakfast buffet was so good. Many choices and tropical fruits were fresh. I had lunch there two times, food was OK. The waitress came and asked me if I want water, I said yes. I thought it's free, is like restaurants in the US . But I paid US$6 for it. My air plant departure time was 6 PM , the hotel checkout time was 12 PM. The hotel offered me to pay an extra US$100 to have a late check out. Which I think it was good, I stayed in my Bungalow until 4:30pm, a hotel boat sent me to the airport. Hotel gives each guest a welcome and farewell ceremony which was so warm and so touching . Overall it was a wonderful stay at this private island and overwater bungalow.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank FalaCool
DOSMHV, General Manager at Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We enjoyed two nights on Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island as part of 5 days over new year. What an incredibly chilled out place. So good! Our overwater bungalow was just delightful... just jump in the water from the verandah. The highlight for me was snorkeling at the coral garden. Just amazing being part of so much life and beauty. Beyond that, service was spot on, breakfast was sensational, dinner at the restaurant was divine. Great bar for chilling out. No kids either, which just added to the peace and quiet of the place.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
DOSMHV, General Manager at Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Ia Orana and thank you for sharing your Magnifique experience at Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island ! We were very delighted to host you and we look forward to welcome you back again ! Maururu !