2,942 results
All reviews turtle sanctuary glass floor te ava jean marie overwater bungalow fish our honeymoon main island large glass the miki miki bar beach hut the activities desk sea turtles pool bar st regis other resorts french polynesia
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at Le Meridien for three nights on our honeymoon. The Bora Bora lagoon is the most amazing colour I've ever seen in my life. The resort is beautiful and our overwater bungalow (get one facing the mountain) exceeded my expectations. It was really well designed, the furniture was gorgeous and practical and there's simply nothing better than being able to swim in the aqua water in front of your room.
The ice machine a couple of doors down meant we could mix banana and pineapple juice with our duty free Malibu to make delish cocktails.
About 70% of the staff we came across were lovely and very helpful. Sadly, the others were shocking. The main problem was the breakfast ladies. They would hardly respond when spoken to (even in French), took an eternity to bring coffee, wouldn't let us sit where we wanted. The table politics at all of the meals was tiring. The food was okay but not amazing. I think I would have been pretty sick of it if we stayed any longer.
I'd highly recommend hiring a tinny from the resort to do your own tour of the lagoon. The boat guys gave us a map and showed us how to use the boat and we set off with our snorkle gear. It gave us an amazing sense of freedom and adventure. We were able to stop where we wanted for a swim or a snorkle and also had lunch in one of the little towns.
The towns on the island itself are similar to all of the other places I've been in the Pacific. The people certainly aren't rich (so much for the trickle down effect) but the landscape is beautiful and everyone seems happy enough. I felt very sorry for all of the stray dogs and cats.
All in all, Bora Bora's natural beauty is what shines through, not the cookie cutter five star resorts. I'd recommend Le Meridien ... my husband and I will never forget how relaxing it was hanging out in our bungalow and that view is something I could never get tired of. Just watch out for the breakfast staff!

Room Tip: Get one overlooking the mountain. It's amazing watching it in different lights and when storms sweep through.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Emma P
Reviewed 30 December 2011

The magic started from the moment we could see Bora Bora from our plane. It sure has the wow factor. The colours of the water really have to be seen to be believed. We were a little worried when booking this trip as we would be arriving in the low season. Mother Nature didn't dissapoint us.

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights for our 20th wedding anniversary and it is a trip that i had been mentally planning for many years. Due to the expense of the holiday everything had to be perfect and needless to say it came pretty close.

The Le Meridien experience starts from the moment you arrive into BB Airport. There was representative to greet us with a Tiare Lei. We had to identify and tag our bags and then the next time we saw them they were waiting outside our bungalow.The shuttle transfer took about 15 or 20mins. This gave us a good insight into the island and its surrounds. We arrived at Le Meridien and another staff member greeted us and took us upstairs for a chilled beverage and sorted out our stay and departure details. A quick tour of the hotel followed and then we escorted to our bungalow. Gifts - a sarong for me, a tshirt for my husband and a bottle of chilled french champagne was waiting for us. This was a really nice touch.

Our room was amazing. It is exactly like the pictures on the hotel website. We had views of the lagoon and mountain. Our bungalow was fairly close to shore, perhaps 2 or 3 down and the water was about 4 or 5 foot deep. From the glass floor you could see many fish and on a few occasions small stingrays and an octopus. The room was made up everyday but it would always be at a different time.

We purchased dinner and breakfast as part of our package on recommendation from our travel agent and didn't regret this option. We heard other couples who didn't complain about the price of meals. The breakfast buffet was pretty much the same eveyday, but the offer was vast and plentiful. You would be extremely fussy if there was nothing to satisfy you. The dinner buffet was themed and would change everynight. This was good as it allowed variety. We purchased lunch at by pool hut or at Le Te Ava, a little restaurant by the pool. There wasn't a meal that we didn't enjoy.

The staff were friendly and always helpful, you were constantly greeted with Ia Orana as we walked around the hotel. The hotel grounds never felt crowded. We asked about this at concierge and they stated that they were almost at full capacity. One recomendation would be to increase the number of staff in the activity booking centre. On many occasions there was only 1 person in there and it could take an hour to make a booking if there was 2 couples in front of you. Although she was always completely composed this was a little frustrating for some couples. We booked the 1 1/2 hour jetsking tour of Bora Bora and the shark and stingray full day tour with island picnic. Both tours were great. I have to highly recommend the shark and stingray tour. The family that took us out on the tour made us all feel welcome. They sang and played music while we went around BB and we ended the tour at there home where we feasted on a homemade tahitian style picnic. Sure you got to see the beauty of the island from above and below the water and you would probably expect that but to be welcomed into someone residence and consume a meal that was prepared by another member of the family was a really special touch. Great work Pappy, Max and Thierry.

By the lagoon you were provided with snorkels, fins, towels and could also utilise the hotels kayaks and catamaran.

The hotel has access to the main island of BB by boat. If you needed everyday supplies or wanted to dine on the island you could do so at the activities centre otherwise there was a small gift shop.

I would love to go back.

Room Tip: If privacy isn't your main concern choose OWB fairly close to shore to enjoy the sealife. The currents aren't strong. Purchase half board. Breakfast and Dinner plans.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank aloha_girl_7
Reviewed 28 December 2011

The hotel is wonderful! the island is beautiful! If you are considering going-just do it!
Booked parasailing and jet ski through the hotel, the island tour was great.
Lots of good restaurants on the main island for variety. The overwater bungalow was amazing. larger than you would think and very clean and comfortable. Beautiful coral and fish right in thier private lagooon. The turtles were really neat to see up close.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ltb1
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Wow what an amazing place, I will find it hard pressed to find a better place and resort on this planet.

We stayed a week in the over water bungalow for our honeymoon and it was just perfect, the food unbelievable, the service first class, the resort and rooms spotless.

Such a romantic resort postcard perfect. Plenty of space not over crowded. Swim with the turtles just breathtaking.

I would go back in a heartbeat. If you are thinking of going but not sure because of money then you will be missing out on the most visually amazing, relaxing, romantic holiday of your life. If I could give 10 stars I would.

• Stayed: September 2011
9  Thank ijaz81
Reviewed 10 December 2011

the hotel is great, the water was beautiful and the room was really good in over water bungalow. We got a room with a good view of the mountain which was good, but the water off our bungalow was a little deep. I would have preferred for shallow water where I could relax and not have to swim all the time over the good view of the mountain. The food at hotel was not worth the money it was really expensive the buffet was 100 US dollars each and breakfast was 45 US dollars each. We ate at the the main island at bloody mary's a few nights which had really good quality seafood at a cheaper price than the hotel. The food was really good there, but keep in mind it closes for the month of december. The hotel is really 5 star but the only things lacking are food, service and the gym is really bad. I would go back it was a great hotel, I would prefer st regis but the price is alot better at le meridien.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple