“Amazing views, personal service”

Denali Overlook Inn
Ranked #1 of 17 Talkeetna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2017

I stayed for one night at the Inn and wished I had had more time! The room was comfortable and clean, but the real appeal is the amazing, unspoiled view from the front of the house. Besides the views, the hospitality is wonderful. It feels like you're staying at a friend's house. From the welcome to breakfast to rides into town and drop-offs at hiking trails, staying at the Inn was one of the highlights of my trip.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 June 2017

The Denali Overlook Inn is awesome!! We had PERFECT views of Denali from the front lawn, sitting next to the fire pit, and from the home! It was just magnificent. On top of it all, Tim, the host, was AMAZING! He is very charismatic and full of fun facts and stories. He is super welcoming and would bend over backwards for his guests. He is a very down to earth person who goes the extra mile in the blink the of eye.

I stayed with my husband and in-laws in the private cabin on the property. The cabin was great; the views are majestic! It's a steep walk up to the cabin and my mother-in-lawn's knees are pretty bad, so Tim lent her his ATV to get up and down to the cabin from the house. Words to the wise, though, there are no doors in the cabin, so don't expect any privacy. I would say it was a bit too close for comfort for two adult couples. There was only one bathroom, and it's in the second 'bedroom' which is also the living room (futon couch/bed). The other bedroom is a loft. Needless to say, for a set of parents and 2 kids, this is perfect. Although, even with 4 adults, it wasn't so bad. We spent a lot of time out, in the house, or by the fire pit. There is a small kitchen in the cabin with a sink, microwave, and fridge (no stove). The cabin has coffee, tea, a few snacks,etc. It has its own balcony. Just lovely!!

Speaking of lovely, Peckey, the housekeeper, makes a kick-butt breakfast! The home is super clean and inviting. I would highly recommend.

If you don't have a car, it's easy to call a taxi to town. But just know, it's about $18-$20 into town for 4 people (2$per person plus $2 per mile). About 5 miles to Talkeetna town center, I would guess. There is also a paved walking/bike path to town as well as a dirt ATV path.

Definitely a great stay!!! (Oh, and free smores every night at the fire pit!)

One day is NOT enough. Give yourself at least 2 nights here!!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2017

We and another couple stayed one night at Denali Overlook Inn as we were winding up our 1 week land tour of Alaska. We unknowingly saved the best for last! The inn was beautiful and the outdoor sitting area with firepit and gorgeous views towards Denali were amazing. All the floors are wood and the bedrooms were clean and comfortable. We even had a floor fan to keep the place cool at night. The owner Tim is a great host and loves chatting with guests. Breakfast was great.

We all agreed that this was our favorite lodging of the trip. There is nothing negative to say, except I wish we had spent 2 nights there instead of 1. Talkeetna is a quaint little town and has some exceptional restaurants, so another night would have been fun!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Denali Overlook Inn from June 3 - 5 and all I can say is WOW. This place is honestly better in person and I have no doubt in my mind that you'll love it as much as we did. Amazing and courteous hosts, amazing location and amazing views! I would highly recommend staying here if you're coming to the Talkeetna area. It's easily (and I say this without exaggerating) one of the best places you'll stay at in Talkeetna so I wouldn't even bother looking anywhere else.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Everything is good about this place. Hospitality is top notch. Breakfast is splendid. Views of the Denali Mountain Range are breathtaking. There is a big lawn area overlooking the mountains and it has cool feel to it. This is a must stay lodge as it's very close to Talkeetna. Very very good!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family