All reviews turkey magnificent beach sea view pomegranate trees delicious food acadia paradise mountains coast garden orange orchard
Reviewed 9 October 2015

We stayed for a few days and were sorry we couldn't extend our trip there. The Arcadia Hotel is toward the end of the road in Cirali, in a relatively undeveloped area, which is exactly what we wanted. The cabins are great (we preferred Arcadia 1, because they're closer to the beach), and the plantings are beautiful. We found the staff friendly and helpful, and the food was very good. One night, they set up tables on the beach, made bonfires next to the tables and served dinner out there--heavenly. From the hotel, you can walk down the beach to the Olympus ruins. Hoping to come back!

Room Tip: We preferred Arcadia 1, because the bungalows are closer to the beach. We didn't have any problems at all with noise.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2015

The Arcadia is a clean little hidden gem. Don't go to Cirali if you're expecting the full on waited on hand and foot experience. What you do get is the chilled laid back and forget about all the rush of the rat race. The staff are there when you need them they are never in your space. However if you require assistance with anything just approach them and they are willing to help with all your requests. The cabins are clean large and more than what is required for a great relaxing holiday. Sitting on the veranda looking at the sea and mountains is all that matters. Just go and relax.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mick0528
Reviewed 18 June 2015

We stayed here in 2010 and planned our trip this year around a week long stay. We were sort of disappointed this time. We had a clear reservation for 2 sea view bungalows but when we arrived they were going to put my friend into a "Family Room", which is not comparable to the individual bungalows. The Family Room was in a building comprised of 2 rooms (I assume the other half was another Family Room) each with its own entrance, smaller than the individual bungalows and not in as good locations - next to the road and the place where cars are parked. My friend said that she could have barely stood up in the shower. We complained, and my friend was moved to the bungalow that (I suspect) she was supposed to have in the first place.
The bungalows are spacious and clean - except that my friend found mouse droppings on the floor of her bathroom when she first arrived. Leta bungalow, where I stayed, had a little 'nook' with a single bed in it, which would be ideal for a family travelling with a young child.
One thing that was a bit odd was that all the prices, including the menu at the restaurant, are in euros. I think that the restaurant prices were higher than some of the other comparable restaurants in Cirali, but it was harder to compare when the currency was not the same. I suppose that is an advantage for EU visitors paying by credit card, as they would not have the fees for currency conversion, but for North American visitors, it was more advantageous to pay in Turkish lira and that was very difficult - I asked to pay in lira at checkout and the owner insisted that the bill had to be converted from euros to lira at the selling rate for currency exchange.
So, the hotel did not seem as welcoming as it did on my last visit, for the reasons mentioned. Still, I was happy to come back to the location and the private bungalows.
The other odd thing was that there was no wifi during the day, until June 1, when the breakfast buffet selection also improved. We wondered if that was the beginning of the high season - but then, surely guests should have all the amenities no matter when they stay.
The food in the restaurant is good. In town, I would also recommend Aubergine and Lemon (those are 2 different restaurants).

Room Tip: Don't take the family room if you've booked a bungalow! Also, "sea view" bungalows do not actually have a view of the sea.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank SMAF
Reviewed 14 May 2015

Ok first the positives -
Location - right on the beach
Breakfast - nice on the beachfront though nit a buffet
Negatives
- The place lacks warmth - may be due to the team/managers who manage daily operations
- food ( had a meal on the first night) strictly average and very very expensive - they charge you in euros ???
- was extremely surprised that they charged me for an extra bowl of fruits that was served during breakfast - I have never experienced this anywhere in the world
- my room did not have coffee mate so went to the bar/kitchen area in the morning to ask for it - the person asked me weather I would like to have a coffee there - I said yes but was shocked that I was even charged for that !! That too in euros !
-They have orange trees in the property so after one hot afternoon we asked for 2 glasses of orange juice - again charged in my final payment
- I asked the lady manager to book a day boat trip for us - she could not saying that there are no sailings - but on searching locally found Cirali boat tours were operating their tours?

In all I was not happy with what I got in return for the money paid ( also spent to and from taxi from antalya )

There are a couple of more properties next to it similar setting check those for the prices go for them if you find value

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty much same
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank vedpu
Reviewed 19 April 2015

Really lovely, kind and efficient staff and a really beautiful setting. The huts are exquisite, and are set in a garden with citrus trees, pomegranates and jasmine; hens and ducks add extra charm.
A lot of thought and hard work has gone into the layout of the accommodation and the detail is superb. Sea turtles lay their eggs on the beach at Cirali, so the hotels are required to be low rise, with no loud music or bright lights - there can't be a more lovely setting. Kubra, the manager, makes things look easy but I know it takes huge effort and energy to run things so smoothly.
The hotel had a charmingly old fashioned air despite its luxurious mod cons, and I sometimes felt, partly because of the international mix of the guests, and their slightly mysterious habits, like I was in a 1930s Agatha Christie, though no murder took place. Nothing to spoil paradise.
Superb Turkish buffet breakfast - very fresh and we had some delicious dinners with very fresh fish.
Cirali is a quiet spot with a good beach and wonderful surroundings - best for holidays where you just want to rest, walk a little, eat good food, swim, daydream and look at some of the historic sites in the vicinity.

Room Tip: Arcadia 2 is an area set back from the beach in very beautiful gardens and orchards; Arcadia 1 is nearer to the sea and the main part of the hotel. Both are stunning
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family