“A unique way to see Sapa”

Motorbike Tours Hanoi
Ranked #2 of 64 Outdoor Activities in Sapa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sapa motorbike tour we offer for half day tour, or full day tour or 2 days 1 nigh, will take you to see much more sapa than an other tour and also take you go to see the most beautifull part of sapa and also bring you to see and meet the local people, for you have an authentic travel experience We offer motorbike tour in sapa for 1 day to 5 days trip for you experience truthly ofsapa, our motorbike tour also bring you see more sapa than an other tour ,we would like to to take you to see most of the places the momal tourisrt can not come and you can see real life of the local people
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had limited time in Sapa and couldn't do a multi day homestay/trek. We wanted a bit of adventure but didn't want to drive our own motorbikes as we are not experienced motorbike drivers. We contacted Motorbike Tours Hanoi and they were able to send us 2 drivers. Mae and Le Mae (? spelling) were amazing! They customized our trip as we were going along, ensuring that we were happy. Mae spoke English and was able to explain to us about the different Hill Tribes and daily life.

They were always aware of maintaining safety and ensuring that we enjoyed the experience.

We booked Motorbike Tours Hanoi at the last minute the day before we got to Sapa. The owner Peter (Khang) was very responsive by email and came to our hotel in Hanoi to meet us, explain more about the tour and take payment.

Overall, I would highly recommend Motorbike Tours Hanoi!

All reviews
"meet local people"
"excellent driver"
"safe driver"
"nice homestay"
"red dao"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"home stay"
"authentic experience"
"train station"
"sa pa"

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I had the most wonderful time on our two day, one night homestay tour! May and Lomay were such wonderful experts. They safely drove us all the way around sapa. They were knowledgeable and always checking we were having a great trip-which we were! The homestay was an unforgettable experience. Mai’s motherinlaw Tamay was an equally brilliant host. The food was delicious and the views from her house exceptional. Thank you so much to the three ladies involved in this trip. I can’t thank you enough!!

1  Thank Rachel S
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

If you like to see more of Sapa and non-touristy area, take up this tour. My tour guide was from Red Dao Minority,and she speaks perfect english. We went to different minority village which live happily together. She explain about the culture and differences in each minority. The road is bumpy ,but she checked on me everytime if im okay or not. We ate local good and its really good! And The mountain view is spectacular!

10/10 recommended for this tour!

1  Thank Shazz L
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We are a big group is 14 pax. Very enjoyable trip and went to areas that not Normal tour will bring you to. Highly recommended

1  Thank Ronnie T
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I'm not sure words can begin to describe how beautiful and wonderful this trip was!

After reading all the good reviews of the 2 day bike trip I decided to go for it (as my knee was in a lot of pain from a sporting injury).

I chose to get the overnight train from Hanoi to Lao Cai which Peter (the owner) booked for me. It was very comfortable and I had a great sleep. At about 5:30am you get there and get a minibus from the station up the mountains to Sapa Town where I met my wonderful guide May who would be absolutely wonderful throughout the trip!

The first day was very foggy and wet unfortunately but May still made the experience wonderful and the fog made the mountains look exceptionally moody and interesting to look at! After visiting multiple villages we headed back to our Homestay which was at May's house and I was greeted by her delightful mother Ly Ta May. The house itself was very traditional, clean and had nice warm showers and very comfy beds for guests to stay in. Ly Ta May's food was to die for (a mixture of spring rolls, salmon and pork done wonderfully). I felt more than one of the family than I did a guest (+ a copious amount of Rice Wine helped with this bonding process)

The next day, the clouds lifted and I could finally see why everyone talks about Sapa which such vigour. The stepping formation of the paddie fields and the unending undulating mountains in the distance is beauty that I can not articulate into words. You just have to go see it. May's local knowledge of the area was sublime and she also knew nearly every spot to take a photo which was rather handy when you want to photograph everything :)

I had barely any drawbacks with trip other than the weather the first day and May and her family were simply delightful. On a rather amusing note you do slightly feel like you are giving a middle finger to all of the walkers who are sweating buckets as you sail on past them on the back of your motorbike which is highly entertaining!

You must go to Sapa, you must stay with May and you must see why everyone in Vietnam bangs on about this place!

I can't wait to come back again!

1  Thank TomM5726