Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Amy L

A home away from home 🏝️

Review of The Farm Hostel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Jan 2024via mobile
My first trip overseas and I couldn’t be happier with this hostel! I booked in early December for new years and The Farm had the best reviews for the best price near the nightlife, plus the photos looked really good. It was even better to experience in person! All of the staff are welcoming and accommodating. The volunteers I met, Gabriella, Yoost, Natalina, Tia, and Antonia were so lovely and super friendly! The guests that I met were easy to talk to and fun to hang out with. The atmosphere was amazing! There were visitors during the day who loved The Farm and would come to see their friends, make new ones, and enjoy the vibe there. The hostel was always kept clean, the food was really good, and there are activities every afternoon/night. They are a great way to meet more people can definitely keep you busy if you choose to sign up for them. You can also enjoy your own privacy in the air-conditioned dorms with your own bed curtains, chilling out by the pool, or in the breakfast/dining hall. Thank you to The Farm for having me and I hope to visit again 🥰
Date of stay: December 2023
Room Tip: It starts to get lively around lunch and gets busier until 10:30pm, after then it is quiet....
Trip type: Travelled solo
  • Priceline
    AU$85
1.1 km from The Farm Hostel
View more hotels in Canggu
All reviews rent a scooter clean rooms stayed for nights curtains beds chill privacy solo facilities dorm backpackers
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 December 2023

I wouldn’t have enjoyed my trip to bali as much if i hadn’t met Gabby (one of the reps) there!! she’s the loveliest person ever. Always making sure people are included and running all the events they do so well, as well as partying with us!! Had the best time!!

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 November 2023

This place is a party hostel so you have to be prepared for a bit of noise and a lot of drinking. But I had a great time. The place was beautiful the staff was friendly and Sofia did a great job hosting and helping. I see a lot of bad reviews, maybe I came at a good time but I loved the atmosphere

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2023

We booked to stay at The Farm at the start of our trip and loved it so we ended up returning at the end! The place is lush and the staff are super friendly. We met a few volunteers during our time there but Holly and Gabby were amazing! If we ever returned to Bali, The Farm would be the first thing we booked!

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2023

This hostel is terrible if you want to sleep more than 2 hours pr night! The music is too loud and people are crazy drunk every night.

The rooms were very dirty with a lot of dust underneath the bed. The bathroom were outside and completely dirty as well.

!!!When we tried to write a review on hostel world, the hostel ‘cancelled’ our booking even though we stayed for 3 days so we couldn't write negative feedback!!!!

Room tip: Avoid this place if you want to sleep at night!
Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2023 via mobile

The Farm Hostel is a fitting name for this place. the “management” are money grabbing animals who are essentially yuppie hipsters looking to extend their vacations by “working” at the Farm for free room and board.

My 5 girl friends and I booked The Farm back in March and April for 6 nights via Hostelworld. There are 6 beds in the female dorms, so we selected 6 beds in the room to book out the whole room and stay together. Upon arrival, my friend was told that we were split up into twos and distributed among many rooms around the hostel.

Staying for 6 nights, our total came to $972CAD, which is genuine daylight robbery for the experience we had. Obviously upset, we escalated the situation to speak to the manager about moving rooms to be together. Jordan, a young 20-something with an evident lack of experience in hospitality, insisted there was nothing he could do about the situation and that’s “just the way the system works”. When we called BS on this absolute blasphemy, he excused himself and scurried into his office. He emerged with a vape that he proceeded to chainsmoke while insisting this was just the way it is. For context, I have travelled to 30 countries and never once had my booking group be spilt up in a hostel. I have also never had a “management” team member blow fruity smoke clouds of vape in my face while having a difficult conversation. Despite being irate, the lack of professionalism was almost comical.

For the price of this place too, the rooms resemble stalls for cattle and have extremely uncomfortable beds. My friend’s bathroom looked like something out of a jail, which reminded me that this place is a glamorized prison for long bearded yuppies.

The only thing good about this hostel, given the 1 star, is it’s location. The cleaning staff were very kind ladies as well. We left after one night, and as we were checking out, saw a group of 5 girls who booked together and were placed in the same room. This confirmed every bad thought I had about this place and reaffirmed that the management team are cowards who can’t take responsibility for mistakes.

Date of stay: May 2023