Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Gino Z

Fun place to stay!

Review of The Farm Hostel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Nov 2023
This place is a party hostel so you have to be prepared for a bit of noise and a lot of drinking. But I had a great time. The place was beautiful the staff was friendly and Sofia did a great job hosting and helping. I see a lot of bad reviews, maybe I came at a good time but I loved the atmosphere
Date of stay: November 2023
    AU$298
  • Booking.com
1.9 km from The Farm Hostel
View more hotels in Canggu
All reviews rent a scooter clean rooms stayed for nights curtains beds chill privacy solo facilities dorm backpackers
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 July 2023

We booked to stay at The Farm at the start of our trip and loved it so we ended up returning at the end! The place is lush and the staff are super friendly. We met a few volunteers during our time there but Holly and Gabby were amazing! If we ever returned to Bali, The Farm would be the first thing we booked!

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2023

This hostel is terrible if you want to sleep more than 2 hours pr night! The music is too loud and people are crazy drunk every night.

The rooms were very dirty with a lot of dust underneath the bed. The bathroom were outside and completely dirty as well.

!!!When we tried to write a review on hostel world, the hostel ‘cancelled’ our booking even though we stayed for 3 days so we couldn't write negative feedback!!!!

Room tip: Avoid this place if you want to sleep at night!
Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2023 via mobile

The Farm Hostel is a fitting name for this place. the “management” are money grabbing animals who are essentially yuppie hipsters looking to extend their vacations by “working” at the Farm for free room and board.

My 5 girl friends and I booked The Farm back in March and April for 6 nights via Hostelworld. There are 6 beds in the female dorms, so we selected 6 beds in the room to book out the whole room and stay together. Upon arrival, my friend was told that we were split up into twos and distributed among many rooms around the hostel.

Staying for 6 nights, our total came to $972CAD, which is genuine daylight robbery for the experience we had. Obviously upset, we escalated the situation to speak to the manager about moving rooms to be together. Jordan, a young 20-something with an evident lack of experience in hospitality, insisted there was nothing he could do about the situation and that’s “just the way the system works”. When we called BS on this absolute blasphemy, he excused himself and scurried into his office. He emerged with a vape that he proceeded to chainsmoke while insisting this was just the way it is. For context, I have travelled to 30 countries and never once had my booking group be spilt up in a hostel. I have also never had a “management” team member blow fruity smoke clouds of vape in my face while having a difficult conversation. Despite being irate, the lack of professionalism was almost comical.

For the price of this place too, the rooms resemble stalls for cattle and have extremely uncomfortable beds. My friend’s bathroom looked like something out of a jail, which reminded me that this place is a glamorized prison for long bearded yuppies.

The only thing good about this hostel, given the 1 star, is it’s location. The cleaning staff were very kind ladies as well. We left after one night, and as we were checking out, saw a group of 5 girls who booked together and were placed in the same room. This confirmed every bad thought I had about this place and reaffirmed that the management team are cowards who can’t take responsibility for mistakes.

Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2023

The only reason I gave this place a 2/5 is because they gave us a refund upon arrival. We booked a full room 6 female ensuite and were separated when we checked in. The manager (jordan) seemed way to “chill” about the situation as he was blowing vape clouds in our face the entire time. We agreed to stay one night as we could not book an Airbnb for the night. After getting back from the bars we decided to order some food. One of the girls that work here (she’s on crutches because she stepped on an ashtray) asked us 10 times to order a burger for her. This was extremely uncomfortable for the group as we are backpackers and are limited on money. We had to tell her we could not afford her burger and she crutched off to bed. Extremely unprofessional. Please hire a better team.

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2023

I stayed in this hostel 23rd-27th March 2023. I am a solo female traveller who is travelling for a year.

I booked this hostel because it was extremely well rated and looked like a mix between partying and relaxation. When I arrived the staff are happy and make you feel welcome. My review is not based on the staff (bar reception) as they were very approachable.

I stayed in a 8 bed mixed dorm, whereby there was myself, two girls travelling together who were lovely and a group of 5 on holiday. The group were unwelcoming and disrespectful; most of them made me feel anxious and I dreaded going back to the room.
They would laugh when I asked them to be quiet (in a respectful way) and do passive aggressive things such as placing an item on my bed (when my curtains were closed) .The only thing that prevented my from checking out was being on a travelling budget and making sure I was busy during the day and evenings so I did not need to spend much time in the hostel.

On check out I explained to the staff that my experience was not a positive one due to a large group being able to stay in the room. I felt that this prevented me meeting likeminded solo travellers which is a shame as the facilities are really nice at this hostel.

When writing a review on hostel world, the hostel had ‘cancelled’ my booking even though I stayed the full duration of the trip. As I had complained the impression I got was they didn’t want me to write negative feedback.

Room tip: As if there is a big group staying in the room, if there is book another room.
Date of stay: March 2023