All reviews top floor restaurants and shopping echo beach fantastic location small pool penthouse bathtub apartment balcony scooter
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

My friend and I were very excited for our trip to Echo Beach Resort as we had booked a room with a private pool on the balcony. Diana contacted us a week out saying that we have been upgraded to the penthouse, we thought this was awesome then later in the week we were contacted to say we couldn’t have the penthouse but we could have another room that was “just as good”. When we arrived at the hotel it had been clear that we were downgraded to an apartment was no where near as nice as the one we booked. We contacted Diana and expressed our disappointment and asked if we could have a small percentage of our money back as this room was not worth as much as the one we originally paid for. Her response to fix our problem was “you can cancel if you don’t like it”. I have never met a host so rude. She would not sympathise with our situation whatsoever. She also told us we would get our money back but sent us on a wild chase with someone who didn’t even work for the company anymore!
Would not recommend!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank Gabby A
Reviewed 22 March 2018

I booked a 1 bedroom pool villa here for 2 nights at the end of my stay. It was a little hidden - but I'm geographically challenged.

I was greeted by beautiful warm staff and security, check in perfectly quick. The villa was large, clean, very comfortable and had everything you could need. There was a lovely outdoor shower and bathtub. The pool was nice and refreshing. For a sunseeker, it had a shade over it so not much sun. Just went to the beach instead but there was a main pool there also.

One of the staff took me on their scooter to pick up my washing and also pick something up from a previous hotel that I had left. They didn't expect anything for it but because of their willingness to help, I was happy to pay.

It is not far from main roads, restaurants and shopping, and the beach. But far enough not to hear any noise.

There aren't many villas in the complex which makes it nice and feel secure. Being a solo female, I was just a little worried with the outdoor bathroom, that at night if I went out, it wasn't overly secure as you could walk up the side, but knowing security was there made me feel better.

I didn't eat there so can't comment on that.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Booked 'penthouse' apartment which included breakfast and stayed a couple of nights , service was good but a few things let this place down
1. The breakfast is a choice of bread and water or plain pancake and juice (cordial or similar)
2.The bathroom has a bath/shower that can only be used if you are less than 1 meter tall, a toilet you have to sit sideways on if you are tall and lighting not bright enough to shave under let alone for a female to apply makeup.
The kitchen has a hot plate with no gas bottle let alone pots or pans even if it did.
3.The balcony has no under cover area at all and disgusting old fake grass without drainage on the ground that is like walking on soggy carpet as soon as you go out side.
4.Huge construction site 2 doors down which is very noisy all day and into the evening.(obviously this is something beyond anyone's control)
5.The roof top pool is a bath tub , not a pool
Having said all that the staff are very friendly, the breakfast delivered to you room quickly and the rooms clean.(even after we requested that our room not be cleaned , returned to find it had been entered whilst we were out).
The price is OK and as always you get what you pay for , but just expected a bit more from the description.
Not sure what the other rooms are like and this description is only of the 1 bedroom 'penthouse'.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Not overly happy the add gave false information. Had no hair dyer, breakfast was one pancake or 2pieces of toast. I had to argue due to fact I am gluten intorelant and wouldn't give me alternative option with out a hassle. Also kitchen had no gas to the stove or cooking utensils, no refrigerator just small mini bar, definitely no hot tube just a bath and dirty used slippers.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura J
Andrew G, Owner at Echo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Laura,
Sorry for your troubles but did you speak to our manager etc. We have a basic breakfast and i can tell you that the staff would not understand your health issues without an explanation. Did you inform us prior to your arrival so that we could explain in local language, and also prepare. The staff are very happy to help and the other issues you mentioned, can and would be fixed if brought to their attention.
Again sorry for your problems but please bring all issues to staff when you are here and we are happy to help.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and loved it. We stayed in a penthouse and had two garden balconies, both with sun loungers. The apartment was very big and had a massive bath. Overall we were very impressed with this hotel. It was clean and the staff were very friendly. The Beach was a 5 min walk and is close to all the main sites. The only downfall was there was no kitchen appliances meaning you can't cook. There were only two plates and no pots and pans. However it's really cheap to eat out.

Date of stay: August 2017