Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews yoga classes spa treatments retreat paradise bali seminyak wellness relaxation chill canguu
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

I’ve been here three times and will come back 10 times more !!
Food / villas / staff is outstanding !
All
Meals are prepared from their own farming or locally sourced farming !
The attention to each individual’s dietary requirements are carefully delivered in excellence !!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank NatasjaB538
thomas t, Manager at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2020

Hello Natasja, It was great to see you again. What a great group for a week. It is always fun for us to welcome back friends. The team is so passionate about what they do. It is great to be a part of the village. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 January 2020 via mobile

Rustic villas, comfortable beds, friendly staff and great yoga. The pool is lovely too. It is not your typical resort. It is quiet and peaceful, but in a great location so easy to get around if you want to explore more what Canggu and Seminyak have to offer.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
thomas t, Manager at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2020

Hello Spiesw, Thank you. It was great having you here and happy that you got to participate and be a part of our village resort. There is nothing typical about us, I agree. Quite happily agree. Our salt water pool is a favorite, and the best way to get a cool off in the tropics. We look froward to your next visit.

Reviewed 31 December 2019 via mobile

This is an extraordinary resort and yoga retreat. I spent 2 weeks here for my honeymoon and feel like it was a slice of heaven in paradise. The owner Thomas Talucci is a spectacular host and speaks 5 languages and is kind, thoughtful and has an amazing personality.
I would go again in a heartbeat.
Namaste,
Michael

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank michaellT7843NT
thomas t, Manager at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2020

Good Day Michael.
It was great meeting you and your wife, what a pleasure to share this special time in your lives. We are so happy yo got to experience the whole resort, yoga, spa, restaurant along with being adventurous and traveling around the island and seeing al that is on offer. After two weeks of building a new friendship, we look forward to your return, maybe with a little one on the way. We love kids! Matur Suksma! Thomas

Reviewed 27 December 2019

Nowadays there are so many yoga retreats there's no need to waste time with sub-standard places. At over $1700 Australian for a 5 night package Desa Seni is not value for money.
The yoga was the highlight and definitely worth going if you're staying elsewhere in Canggu. Sunset yoga with Carlotta was a highlight. Thank you Carlotta!
The pool is lovely but the water is often hotter than it is outside.
The hut was quaint but the floor boards are failing and every time I stepped out of bed I wondered if this was going to be the time they gave way and I fell through.
The restaurant and spa staff were lovely. The massages were great but I have had much yummier food at other yoga retreats.
The front desk is woefully unorganised. For a retreat that's been around this long I don't think there's any excuse for how bad this experience was over multiple days. It's a week since I left and the owner still hasn't responded to a request I had about security of my payment details.
It's quite near the road so there is a lot of traffic noise when you're in your villa or blaring music or screaming people in the pool next door while you're in yoga class.
So while it wasn't terrible and I did relax I would definitely not recommend Desa Seni. There are many better places you can try.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo

Hello Leigh,
We appreciate you taking the time to write and share your experience. I have written you personally and am not sure why you have not answered? It is quite challenging in the tropics to keep a pool cool, could you imagine how much ice we would have to bring in a day to get it to the temperature of your choice and then heat up a bit for others? In regards to value for the money, 5 nights in a deluxe house, including breakfast, lunch's, dinners, spa and yoga, not sure where you can beat this with the quality and standard that we maintain. It is challenging as the Australian dollar has weakened so much against the US dollar and Rupiah, maybe this is why. We are happy that through all this you did get to relax and enjoy the facilities. We will look into what you have shared as less than parr and for sure rectify that which is in need. Matur Suksma. Thomas

Reviewed 8 December 2019

Stayed 2 nights in the single house. Gorgeous grounds and old village style with tons of original features. Really chilled which is what I was looking for.
Must say that after reading a few reviews which mentioned worn/rotted timber I can see how this place is a bit of an OHS nightmare, not for the young and nimble but if you are unsteady on your feet or vision impaired I wouldn’t recommend ... lots of tripping hazards.
Very generous breakfast and food was good but a little hit and miss. It seems you are given 2 yoga passes a day. I had informed them that I had a late flight on the day I checked out and they stored my luggage and offered I could use a shower near the restaurant. I had kept a pass to do the afternoon class before going to airport for a late flight but was informed couldn’t use it as was after 12 noon. This is One thing I was very disappointed about, it seemed so ridiculously inflexible given it’s pretty pricey to stay there and I’d been an awesome customer (had a couple of spa treatments and extra meals so quite a high spend) when I questioned this and said I hadn’t been informed of this restriction there was no apology or concern. It’s the little things that leave a residual feeling like not appreciating your custom enough to be a little flexible.
My room was sweet, rustic, tiles falling off bathroom wall. Also in room phone didn’t work and DVD player and tv didn’t either, after informing there seemed to be no intention to ever address.
Pool is salt water, had it too myself on a number of occasions and so much nicer than all the strongly chlorinated pools. Could hear the music from nearby beach clubs at night but not too loud.

Date of stay: November 2019

Hello MytimeSydney,
Thank you for taking the time to share. It is interesting in life how we are all moving so fast and when we are to slow down, we have resistance. Our paths, all designed in order tog et people to slow down and take note of their foot steps, not for the nimble and not for those who do not want to slow down. As a retreat center, this has been specifically designed to get us all to slow down and take note. With the yoga being included, one class on check in and one on check out and all other days two, we do this in order to keep the classes to a maximum amount, as we have new check ins every day, we do need to regulate the classes and ensure the kaliber for all, as you had checked out early afternoon, we must ensure space for our new check ins, a tricky one as if we do not and then oversell, we get complaints also. We have repaired the tile issue in the bathroom, the earthquakes we have been having keep us going and full on in the maintenance. The other issues have also been checked and all in 100% working order. We appreciate you letting us know and your view is invaluable to us so we may continue to strive to please all 100%. Matur suksma. Thomas