All reviews seminyak square enjoyed our stay private pool sheets bali
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

First off, don't book this based on the booking.com rating; the place isn't THAT good. My partner and I wanted some privacy after we hadn't seen each other for some time, we got just that and the most enjoyable part of our stay was the fact that we could do what we wanted, unlike a conventional hotel. We had access to our own swimming pool which was well sized and part of the villa area, which was private. Breakfast was served each morning by a pleasant chap who we just let in and he did his thing; you can select how you want your eggs cooked, what juice you want, tea/coffee and a selection of, warm, sliced fruit. Our villa boasted an impressive shower / bath area with a jacuzzi bath; as nice as this was, it was dirty and we had to clean it before use. We also had a very large, and moderately comfortable bed with sheets that smelled really nice and clean (the towels well also well laundered) outside near the pool was a kitchenette type thing, we didn't use it at all but the staff used it to prepare breakfast. The location is decent, only cost us a couple of quid to get to Seminyak square etc; if you walk down the street there are a number of local restaurants, mini markets and other amenities.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay; perhaps because we hadn't seen each other for a while, this may have overshadowed the fact that the complex / villa was generally run down and in need of some TLC. If you want privacy, there are nicer places to visit with more up to date decor, less ants savagely attacking you and staff that actually understand English.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2016

From fist glance our one bedroom villa was amazing! There were sun beds outside, a kitchenette and we even had our own large private pool. But as we went inside we discovered the villa was very run down, the bathroom had stains on the floors the taps were blocked and there were bugs everywhere. The air-conditioner barely kept our room cool even though we had it on full blast for the whole day.

Then there was the bed... at one point my partner and I considered sleeping outside on the sunbeds because the bed was ridiculously hard. After two nights of no sleep,we confronted the staff asking for a second blanket to soften the mattress but they didn't understand/ their english skills weren't great. Our solution was buying sleeping pills in desperation for a half decent nights sleep.

The breakfast is very basic, and had to be ordered everyday. We utilised their private transport and although the driver was very kind and efficient, again spoke very little english which made asking questions and giving directions very challenging. We also had to catch a taxi into town because it was just that little bit too far to walk.

However, we absolutely loved the private pool. Even though the bathroom was run down, it was an absolutely beautiful outdoor style bathroom. . Having breakfast served to us at out requested time was convenient. Having a filtered water system was great as well.

Overall i think if you shopped around a little bit you could definitely get a lot more for a lot less.

Room tip: definitely look around
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2016

I travelled with a friend and I would say we were on a budget. We weren't looking to spend much time at a hotel or resort so this place was perfect for that and affordable. The hotel staff was seriously so accommodating and polite. They cooked whatever we wanted for breakfast (from their menu) at whatever time we requested, set the table and then came to our room to let us know that breakfast was served.

The walkway to the rooms was amazing. The rooms were simple and cleaned everyday. They had free wifi and offered airport pick up & drop off. We were traveling off season so i think our rate was about 40 USD. I would def stay here again.

Our room was rite outside the pool area.

Get their pineapple pancakes!! They are amazing and i don't even like pancakes normally.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank kmkarsant
Reviewed 29 February 2016

I checked in to the hotel for a one night stay as I had an extra day in Bali after my group had checked out of another resort. I got a good deal from hotwire and since it was still in Seminyak and close to the other resort I went and booked it. I arrrived at the reception around 10pm and their was no hotel staff available. the taxi driver helped me find someone and finally I checked in. The room was all the way in the back and pass the pool. The entry to the room is via the sliding glass door. Please be WARNED the door lock needs to turned twice in order to be locked and make sure you check it multiple times by sliding the doors apart. It took a while for the door to be locked. The room is small more like a NY city hotel room. and the bathroom is a converted long closet. The room had a musty smell. I choose my breakfast for the morning and time. I woke up in the morning and went to the breakfast area which was empty and pretty plain. My breakfast was sitting there and it was below average. The toast were cold and omelette was nothing special. I would not really recommend this place and would definitely agree with the other reviewers that this no 4.5 star place.

Room tip: Double check the sliding door locks
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Faizaq1
Reviewed 4 November 2015

I don't want to be too harsh on my review of this villa as we booked it as the 4.5 star mystery hotel on Wotif (whom I will be contacting) so I am unsure if Wotif are doing the wrong thing or the hotel. This is definitely not a 4.5 star hotel, it is a 3 at absolute best. We booked two Lagoon rooms which weren't available due to a guest extending..... So at check in were given a upgrade to a two bedroom villa. Villa has chairs with splits in them, pool has algae as did the shower, very old. We left. Feel sorry for the staff who were very obliging. If the owner is listing this as 4.5 star needs to be looked into.

Date of stay: October 2015